ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

High Priority-Urgent please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

positivesolitude

High Priority-Urgent please

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:10 am

Hello Everyone

I am on my HSMP which is due to expire and I have applied for my extension under Tier-1.

I have a query.I had originally entered this country as a dependant of a student in 2002 and then my company was willing to sponsor my work permit.The company solicitor submitted my application on time but by the time the case worker opened it and returned it my leave to remain had expired.Secondly ,a new rule had come that to switch from dependant to work permit category ,you need to leave the country and get the entry clearance.Even my solicitor wasn,t aware as the rule was pretty new then and however ,as soon as I received my documents and passport ,I left to my home country and got my stamping done.This was in March 2005.After ,an year I moved company and my new company switched my work permit to them.In Nov 07,I got converted to a HSMP and due for an extension now.

In the present form ,they asked if I had overstayed once my leave wasnt available.Should I say yes or a no when my passport was with the home office in 2002 and returned to go to India and switch .How should I mention in my cover letter and int he form.Please give some points.

Secondly ,my first entry clearance when I came as a dependant was from Dubai.Should I mention Dubai as my first entry clearance or India when I got entry clearance as a work permit older.

Your suggestions are appreciated.Thank you everyone.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: High Priority-Urgent please

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:07 pm

positivesolitude wrote:In the present form ,they asked if I had overstayed once my leave wasnt available.Should I say yes or a no when my passport was with the home office in 2002 and returned to go to India and switch .How should I mention in my cover letter and int he form.Please give some points.
I won't consider it as overstay. You applied for visa(dependent to WP) and during that time you then current leave expired.
positivesolitude wrote: Secondly ,my first entry clearance when I came as a dependant was from Dubai.Should I mention Dubai as my first entry clearance or India when I got entry clearance as a work permit older.
Dubai. This is the first EC you received to enter the country for very first time.

positivesolitude

Thank You

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Thank You Chetan..

But over the years whenever I would leave and enter UK,they would ask me in the immigration as to why I had overstayed and I had to explain them time and again taht the company was sponsoring my work permit and it was being processed and by the time I received my passport ,my leave to remain had expired and I had to go to India to get my entry clearance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Thank You

Post by push » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 pm

positivesolitude wrote:Thank You Chetan..

But over the years whenever I would leave and enter UK,they would ask me in the immigration as to why I had overstayed and I had to explain them time and again taht the company was sponsoring my work permit and it was being processed and by the time I received my passport ,my leave to remain had expired and I had to go to India to get my entry clearance.
A cleaner way of dealing with this is to provide details in the relevant section and saying "Yes" to the question. You can elaborate that although it might look like an overstay, it was not due to the fact that.....
Last edited by push on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

positivesolitude

Thank You

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Thank You Push