ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section D: Immigration History related question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

micky1579
Newly Registered

Section D: Immigration History related question

Post by micky1579 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Workpermit in 2006 ( Got Workpermit from India), then switched to HSMP in 2008 in UK itself and now applying for extension (HSMP -> Tier 1)

While filling the Tier 1 form - 'Section D Immigration History', I got confused with following question

D1: Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering to United kingdom?

Here, Do I need to answer this question with respect to Work permit or HSMP? The answer will be 'Yes' in case of Work permit and the answer will be 'No' in case of HSMP as I switched to HSMP in UK itself.

I have an appointment in next 10 days and so am looking for some urgent help. thanks in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Section D: Immigration History related question

Post by push » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:16 pm

micky1579 wrote:Hi,

I came to UK on Workpermit in 2006 ( Got Workpermit from India), then switched to HSMP in 2008 in UK itself and now applying for extension (HSMP -> Tier 1)

While filling the Tier 1 form - 'Section D Immigration History', I got confused with following question

D1: Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering to United kingdom?

Here, Do I need to answer this question with respect to Work permit or HSMP? The answer will be 'Yes' in case of Work permit and the answer will be 'No' in case of HSMP as I switched to HSMP in UK itself.

I have an appointment in next 10 days and so am looking for some urgent help. thanks in advance.
It seems prudent to say "yes" in relation to your WP
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

shanmugak
Newly Registered

Post by shanmugak » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:29 pm

The above question is complete in itself. Before you entered UK in 2006, you did get an 'Entry Clearance' irrespective of what was done after you entered UK. So, the answer should definitely be 'Yes'.