ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Workpermit to Dependent on Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

micky1579
Newly Registered

Workpermit to Dependent on Tier 1

Post by micky1579 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi,

I am currently on HSMP and my wife is on UK Workpermit. Both of us are in UK. I am applying for an extension of my visa (HSMP -> TIER 1) and wanted to include my wife's application to become dependent on me. However, I have heard that for this, my wife has to go back to India and apply for a dependent visa from there. Is this correct?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Workpermit to Dependent on Tier 1

Post by push » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

micky1579 wrote:Hi,

I am currently on HSMP and my wife is on UK Workpermit. Both of us are in UK. I am applying for an extension of my visa (HSMP -> TIER 1) and wanted to include my wife's application to become dependent on me. However, I have heard that for this, my wife has to go back to India and apply for a dependent visa from there. Is this correct?
Unfortunately Yes. Pls see the following from Guidance notes
Switching is permitted when applying as a family member who currently holds leave as the partner or child of a person who had leave under another category and who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

micky1579
Newly Registered

Post by micky1579 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks push for the reply..but where does it say that for switching , person has to go to home country for applying for dependent visa?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:55 pm

micky1579 wrote:Thanks push for the reply..but where does it say that for switching , person has to go to home country for applying for dependent visa?
Well if you cant switch into as the dependant and get leave to remain, what else is the option? Only thing available to your spouse is the Entry Clearance which can be obtained if you are outside UK.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

micky1579
Newly Registered

Post by micky1579 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I was too much reading in the Quote and wrongly interpreted it.

Thanks again.