ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending initial application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemango
Newly Registered

sending initial application

Post by lemango » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 am

hi all,

i c dat thr r two options to send docs to HO.post courier etc.
i wanna know which is better? pros and cons of each drawing frm past..exprience frm members...

im luking for a cheap and secure one...fast is NOT important....
so can somebody suggest one?

i wud appreciate a quick reply as I am posting in next few days..

cheers

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: sending initial application

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 am

lemango wrote:hi all,

i c dat thr r two options to send docs to HO.post courier etc.
i wanna know which is better? pros and cons of each drawing frm past..exprience frm members...

im luking for a cheap and secure one...fast is NOT important....
so can somebody suggest one?

i wud appreciate a quick reply as I am posting in next few days..

cheers
If this is an in-country application, then send it by Royal Mail special delivery. This will ensure that the docs are delivered the next working day. You could also send it by First or Second Class mail if time is not important. Couriers will be more expensive than RM.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 am

Royal Mail Special Delivery next day service is the best.. dont forget to attach RM SD envelop with ur application so that HO will send ur docs in the same way..

that my 2cents..

lemango
Newly Registered

Post by lemango » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:Royal Mail Special Delivery next day service is the best.. dont forget to attach RM SD envelop with ur application so that HO will send ur docs in the same way..

that my 2cents..
thx for the reply guys....
cud u guys tell me hw much wud it cost?

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 am

It was 17 pounds for me along wwith the Self Addressed envelope and including the insurance. This was posted on 15th Sept 09.

ALL THE BEST

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:29 am

lemango wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:Royal Mail Special Delivery next day service is the best.. dont forget to attach RM SD envelop with ur application so that HO will send ur docs in the same way..

that my 2cents..
Go to the Royal Mail website and you will be able to get a quote.
Regards,
crowbar6

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:54 pm

lemango wrote:

that my 2cents..
Well it cost me £6.70 to send my documents to the HO (pack weighed one kilo) by Royal Mail Next Day 1pm Guaranteed Delivery. If you include the same amount for return of your documents it is £13.40

You can also included insurance if you want.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Its £6.4 if your application weight is < 1Kg.

you can find it in the RM website too.

lemango
Newly Registered

Post by lemango » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:26 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:Its £6.4 if your application weight is < 1Kg.

thx guys..is thre any 24 hr post office in London? or the longest-opening hour ones? plz reply asap.and llloyds banks with late opening hours?

thx.....

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:36 pm

lemango wrote:

thx guys..is thre any 24 hr post office in London? or the longest-opening hour ones? plz reply asap.and llloyds banks with late opening hours?

thx.....
Use the Branch Locator tool on both the Royal Mail and Lloyds TSB websites for branches nearest to your post code.

lemango
Newly Registered

Post by lemango » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 am

cheshiregoan wrote:
lemango wrote:

thx.....
Use the Branch Locator tool on both the Royal Mail annd Lloyds TSB websites for branches nearest to your post code.
thx for the quick reply mate..i had alreday used 'em.byt cud nt find one that opens late......the problm is i am really busy during day thesedays and i need to go to lloyds and then to post office....since most of close by the time I finish work,I really can't go ....(due to the nature of work I do and ,dificult to get a log enough break to do this..)

and the problem is i wanna do this b4 this Fri day when I turn 28.so cant use saturday one....post offices are closed on satudays anyway.......

so my situation is bit pathetic...i hv all the docs and filled the form but cant find time to go to bank to cetrtify online statements and then go to post office..........(which probably wud take atleast 2 hours...giveen the queque at banks these days i suppose)

but since i wanna do them by this Fri Day...is seems impossible unless I find a lloyds branch that opens till late and similar post office.

if I miss this Friday which is interestingly my birthday,I stand to loose 10 points on age..so cant make the applications afterwards until I compensate it with earnings which would take some time.......

anyone got any thougts suggestions? I believe I got y situation clear to all.dont think anyone wud hv been gone thru this...i wish no one ever never has this pain.........itz like u hv what u like to eat..but u dont hv time to eat it........very painful.

hope someone cud give me some relief.....thx for reading my pathetic situation......

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am

I think the best you can do is to take a day off from work and apply.

or send it by DHL/FedEx,etc.. tomorrow morning so that it would reach HO on Friday... but you will be at risk if they delay it and not deliver on Friday, because, if you send it by courier, the date of receipt of the application by HO will be considered.

I don't think it takes 2 hours. Try the Post offices near your home and send it at 9am and go to work.

Or go to some post office near your work 1 hour before so that you can be the first one in the queue.. and in that case it wont take more than 10 mins.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:36 am

Buddy... first of all.. wish you advanced birthday wishes..

Now.. the main aim/ objective here is to get ur visa extended so that you can stay in this country and work and earn; so at this point. as ukjobaspirer suggested even if it is difficult to take a day off.. u have to do it and think calmly and put all the docs right, check the application again and get teh statements as per the guidance and post ur application.. even it is 1day off/leave u will gain 3years once ur application gets through..

i advice you not to leave this till last day who know the bank may ask u to come on saturday u will loose ur age points.. give some buffer.. give some time to check the docs..

btw: i am sure everybody might have gone through this pain.. i did when my company did not renew my WP.. dont worry abt it..

Goodluck for you.. n enjoy your birthday.. cheers

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Take a day off. If worst comes to worst, call in sick at work.

Just keep the following in mind:

43. The date of application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the UK:
• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office;

So assuming you manage to post it out on the day before your birthday (and you send it by post NOT BY courier, you will be able to claim your age points.

lemango
Newly Registered

Post by lemango » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:Take a day off. If worst comes to worst, call in sick at work.

Just keep the following in mind:

43. The date of application will be taken to be the following:
For applications made in the UK:
• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office;

So assuming you manage to post it out on the day before your birthday (and you send it by post NOT BY courier, you will be able to claim your age points.
thx everyone for the b day wishes and very useful and kind advice....really appreciated.
the thing was I WAS NOT able to make the application on time.I can go to post office within 10 mins ..but getting the on-line statements stamped seemed to be taking too long.....coz stupid lloyds bank has a policy not to sign them....so i hv to wait till they send the original so I have to wait anyway.......

but thanx everyone for the support and advice.NOW,having lost 10 points for age....I am thinking of applying when I compliment those lost points with my earnings...

in couple of months time my gross salary crosses 26K ...I am paid bi-wwekly...how many payslips I should have??

plz reply..thx advance

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 pm

lemango wrote:thx everyone for the b day wishes and very useful and kind advice....really appreciated.
the thing was I WAS NOT able to make the application on time.I can go to post office within 10 mins ..but getting the on-line statements stamped seemed to be taking too long.....coz stupid lloyds bank has a policy not to sign them....so i hv to wait till they send the original so I have to wait anyway.......

but thanx everyone for the support and advice.NOW,having lost 10 points for age....I am thinking of applying when I compliment those lost points with my earnings...

in couple of months time my gross salary crosses 26K ...I am paid bi-wwekly...how many payslips I should have??

plz reply..thx advance
As many payslips as you have covering the 12 month period for which you are claiming these earnings. Since you get paid twice a month, you should put 24 payslips, all of which correspond to entries on your bank statement.