ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!T1 extension rejected due to old photo, visa expired

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

URGENT!T1 extension rejected due to old photo, visa expired

Post by chrisonrails » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 am

Got my application form and passport returned to me on 19/09/09 and a letter stating that my application is invalid due to the old photo submitted. But my visa expiry date was 18/09/09. My question is can I submit a fresh application ? and am I consider to be overstayer ? Do I have to say 'Yes' and give the explanation on D15, D16 (Have you ever stay in UK beyond your current leave ends blah blah...) ? Urgent please as I am thinking of resumbit my application today. Thanks in advance for any help !

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT!T1 extension rejected due to old photo, visa expi

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 am

chrisonrails wrote:Got my application form and passport returned to me on 19/09/09 and a letter stating that my application is invalid due to the old photo submitted. But my visa expiry date was 18/09/09. My question is can I submit a fresh application ? and am I consider to be overstayer ? Do I have to say 'Yes' and give the explanation on D15, D16 (Have you ever stay in UK beyond your current leave ends blah blah...) ? Urgent please as I am thinking of resumbit my application today. Thanks in advance for any help !
Have you been given an option to Appeal? If not, then consult a solicitor before proceeding as your leave has now expired and any fresh applications have to be lodged before your current leave expires.
Regards,
crowbar6

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 am

Nope, as it was an 'invalid' application due to old photo. I've seen people got same situation and resubmit their application on this forum, but just want to make sure if I am ok to do so
crowbar6 wrote:
chrisonrails wrote:Got my application form and passport returned to me on 19/09/09 and a letter stating that my application is invalid due to the old photo submitted. But my visa expiry date was 18/09/09. My question is can I submit a fresh application ? and am I consider to be overstayer ? Do I have to say 'Yes' and give the explanation on D15, D16 (Have you ever stay in UK beyond your current leave ends blah blah...) ? Urgent please as I am thinking of resumbit my application today. Thanks in advance for any help !
Have you been given an option to Appeal? If not, then consult a solicitor before proceeding as your leave has now expired and any fresh applications have to be lodged before your current leave expires.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 am

chrisonrails wrote:Nope, as it was an 'invalid' application due to old photo. I've seen people got same situation and resubmit their application on this forum, but just want to make sure if I am ok to do so
crowbar6 wrote:
OK, in this case there is no option but to submit a fresh application. There are cases where people got approval on a fresh application+new photos but I think they always had leave to remain. In your case, it is unfortunate that the leave expired by just a day or two. Please search the forum to see if anyone has a case similar to yours.
Also, when you do send in the fresh application, please attach evidence of old application being rejected as 'invalid' as that might help your case.
Regards,
crowbar6

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:30 am

crowbar6 wrote:
chrisonrails wrote:Nope, as it was an 'invalid' application due to old photo. I've seen people got same situation and resubmit their application on this forum, but just want to make sure if I am ok to do so
crowbar6 wrote:
OK, in this case there is no option but to submit a fresh application. There are cases where people got approval on a fresh application+new photos but I think they always had leave to remain. In your case, it is unfortunate that the leave expired by just a day or two. Please search the forum to see if anyone has a case similar to yours.
Also, when you do send in the fresh application, please attach evidence of old application being rejected as 'invalid' as that might help your case.
Thanks for your advices, I've searched the forum before posting this up. I would like to have more information before sending out my application.

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
crowbar6 wrote:
crowbar6, I've sent a fresh application and as you suggested, attached the original reject letter along with the application form. Thanks for your help, and let's see how it goes...

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Anyone got same experiences pls share your knowledge

oceanboy_99
Newly Registered

Post by oceanboy_99 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Your case is different from mine. I am not sure whether you can send another fresh application since you visa has expired. You could try to contact some senior members here.

Mine was rejected too last August due to the same problem. However, my current visa is still valid till next year. I therefore arranged an in-person appointment in order to speed things up a bit.

fosho

Post by fosho » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 am

My sister has a similar case, she has given here documents to a lawyer to process her application, he forgot to include the police registration certificate, the application was returned back, the lawyer sent the application back to the home office with the police certificate, and then was returned back due to payment failure.
The case worker did not say in his first letter that the fee will be refunded, so the lawyer assumed that there is no need to make fresh payment, in the second letter he requested new application and new fees.
Everything was sent yesterday.

The lawyer sent a covering letter that the document was omitted by no fault of the client, visa expired during the first application

Any advice?