ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

27 month spouse visa granted what is the latest I can enter?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bprowse
Newly Registered

27 month spouse visa granted what is the latest I can enter?

Post by bprowse » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am

Hi,

I have just been granted a Settlement Visa as Spouse of UK citizen. (FYI, I applied in Canberra, Australia, and it took a bit over 8 weeks)

The visa is valid from 16/09/2009 to 16/12/2011 (a 27 month period).

I have many things to sort out in Australia before departing for the UK (with my UK spouse).

I have read in various posts that I have 3 months plus 28 days to enter the UK without jeopardising my ILR application at the end of my 2 year probation period. Is this correct?

Thanks for you help,
B

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:28 am

Hi B,

I recently enquired about this directly, and unless I am wrong you have 3 months to enter the UK. The 28 days rule was when the visa was issued for 24 months.

What happens at the moment with ILR applications is if you have not completed your 24 months in the UK (as you didn't enter the UK with 28 days of the old 2 year visas) you can submit your ILR paperwork but it wil not be looked at until you have completed 2 years (the visa was issued in August 07 and he entered the UK in October 07, we applied for the ILR within 28 days of the visa issue date and have been told the paperwork will not be looke at until October 09).

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm

It has to be within 3 months of issue, therefore leaving you 24 months to stay in uk to complete two year probationary period before you apply for ILR.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: 27 month spouse visa granted what is the latest I can en

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 am

Hi

Yes indeed 3 months times to enter.

Thats way visa is now for 27 months not 24.

UK_Banned_Member

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bigviv
Newly Registered

Post by bigviv » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:54 am

on this note, my wife entered 30 days after the visa began, does that mean we cannot go the premium route to apply for the ILR and we would have to potentially wait 6 months before we can travel abroad as we would have to do a postal application?

my preference would obviously be to go the premium route, but it seems as though we're 2 days out which will delay the whole process