ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundant a month before ILR - Need advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekR

Redundant a month before ILR - Need advice

Post by vivekR » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Dear Board Members,

Good afternoon to you all. I am in a very strange situation and would like to seek advice from someone on the matter.

I was made redundant recently ( last month of employment was Aug). As of the first week of Oct I am eligible for ILR. However, I am not sure if I am allowed to apply for it without a job.

My wife has a job and we have quite decent savings and she makes sufficient to cover our monthly expenses easily.

Would it be possible for me to apply given the circumstances. Note my current tier1 expires in 2012.

rgds
vR

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 am

TO be on the safe side, even though its not politically correct, what you can do is send your application with your payslips and p60's of previous employment. Also on the other hand you work for anyone you know who could give you temp position in their company. All you need is salary for one month. At the end of this moth send the paylip to HO with a covering letter.

you can leave the job and start looking for another after that. But make sure you tell the HO about your this new (min) one month employment.

I know its hard in recession and this is the only way out. However you can call the HO and ask if there is any policy out where you can apply for ILR even if you have been made redundant. I have been told by one of my firend about this but i am a bit skeptical about it. Seniors (Vinny or John) might be able to help.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:12 am

form a company

get a letter from accountants , prepare business plan +++

so will be fine

regards

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Thanks for suggestion, any idea/template for a business plan?