ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work advice needed for wife of German

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giveahoot
Newly Registered

Work advice needed for wife of German

Post by giveahoot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am in the following situation and hope you all can give me a little direction:

I am a non-eu citizen (from n.america) married to an EU citizen (he's a German) and I am wondering what I need to do to be able to work in Germany. There are two small hitches though.
The first is that I don't have a proper job offer, but I know of a company where I could get sporadic one- or two-week long jobs in Germany.
Second issue is that we live in Ireland, my husband's lived here a few years longer than me. That also means he has registered himself in Germany as living in Ireland now.

Does his temporary absence from Germany create a big problem? Am I still able to work in Germany? Can anyone give me advice on what I can do?
I appreciate the help everyone!
Thank you!

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Work advice needed for wife of German

Post by 86ti » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 am

giveahoot wrote:Does his temporary absence from Germany create a big problem? Am I still able to work in Germany?
Actually, your husband's stay in Ireland may be of an advantage to you as now he has the right to return to Germany under EU law (assuming he was exercising his treaty rights in Ireland as worker or self-employed person). In that case you would have the right to work but I think also under German national law you have that right.