ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent! PSW funding problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gyingchan
Newly Registered

urgent! PSW funding problem

Post by gyingchan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:13 pm

I am writing this letter to seek help and advice about my application of switching my currently student visa to POST STUDY WORK in side UK.

Here is my personal information:

1. Date of awarded: 5/11/2008

2. Maintenance funds: I have over 800 pounds since 28/07/2009, but there is a direct debit from orange that debited my account on 10/08/2009 made my account balance is 12 pounds less than 800. I put in few hundreds pounds in to cover the 12 pounds on the next day 11/08/2009. I have another bank account from my homeland but it can not cover the 12 pounds less and I have some gambling account but got money in it. It can cover the 12 pounds less but I do not think it will useful for me application.

3. on the 14/9/2009 my landlord debit 250 from my bank for rental and I put money in back on the same day to cover the 250 loss. But actually I paid all rentals in advance month before, that means she should not debit any money from my account. I will tell her to transfer me back the money and write me letter to prove that she wrongly debit my money today.

4. my current student visa will be expired on 30/11/2009

5. on 15/6/2009 and 15/7/2009 Orange charged me 10 pounds more each time for my mobile that means they made my account 20 less in total which will cover the 12 pounds. But that two direct debit were made far from the date of my 12 pounds less for two months. Will this be a good point to say in the cover letter?

What I am going to do now is that I must send the application before 4/11/2009 ( before my certificate expired) with a strong cover letter explanation.

But the most important thing is that I do not have sufficient funds on if I apply on aroung 1/11/2009. I will be 10 days less for the 3 months requirements.

I am really confused now. I do not know whether I should get a lawyer to apply for me. Or whether I can send the bank statement for the period of 2/11/2009 to 11/11/2009 after my application on 1/11/2009.

PS: my main concern in my case is about my funds and running out of time of my certificate ( 12 months period)

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Re: urgent! PSW funding problem

Post by farrukh37 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 pm

gyingchan wrote:I am writing this letter to seek help and advice about my application of switching my currently student visa to POST STUDY WORK in side UK.

Here is my personal information:

1. Date of awarded: 5/11/2008

2. Maintenance funds: I have over 800 pounds since 28/07/2009, but there is a direct debit from orange that debited my account on 10/08/2009 made my account balance is 12 pounds less than 800. I put in few hundreds pounds in to cover the 12 pounds on the next day 11/08/2009. I have another bank account from my homeland but it can not cover the 12 pounds less and I have some gambling account but got money in it. It can cover the 12 pounds less but I do not think it will useful for me application.

3. on the 14/9/2009 my landlord debit 250 from my bank for rental and I put money in back on the same day to cover the 250 loss. But actually I paid all rentals in advance month before, that means she should not debit any money from my account. I will tell her to transfer me back the money and write me letter to prove that she wrongly debit my money today.

4. my current student visa will be expired on 30/11/2009

5. on 15/6/2009 and 15/7/2009 Orange charged me 10 pounds more each time for my mobile that means they made my account 20 less in total which will cover the 12 pounds. But that two direct debit were made far from the date of my 12 pounds less for two months. Will this be a good point to say in the cover letter?

What I am going to do now is that I must send the application before 4/11/2009 ( before my certificate expired) with a strong cover letter explanation.

But the most important thing is that I do not have sufficient funds on if I apply on aroung 1/11/2009. I will be 10 days less for the 3 months requirements.

I am really confused now. I do not know whether I should get a lawyer to apply for me. Or whether I can send the bank statement for the period of 2/11/2009 to 11/11/2009 after my application on 1/11/2009.

PS: my main concern in my case is about my funds and running out of time of my certificate ( 12 months period)
Brother ,

I am in same situation as you are , but i got chance to apply from my country , as your case is complicated but not impossible , consider the following options :

1) Explain your case to your university's advice and counseling department , and ask them if the date of award can be changed ?? you will get some time. They normally do for the students who are re-appearing in a paper or the students who delay their thesis. explain your condition very honestly to them.

2) Second , write up a strong-covering letter explaining all the mishaps , and apply by post with (80 days statement) . More likely they will reject you on the basis of funding and give you an appeal right ( You can win the case in court , as court is giving Approval on specific conditions -- Keep increasing your statement meanwhile so that you can prove that in court you are capable of maintaining funds ).

Discuss the second option with you lawyer , and must think about the first one as it will solve things for you easily. In the end , these are just options and not 100% secure , but all you can do is to take ur chances and pray.

Regards ,

gyingchan
Newly Registered

Post by gyingchan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Thank you very much of your reply

I will try to ask wheather i can change my date of award and that is one of thing i am trying to do right now. but it seems not be an easy job as I graduated for about an year.

for the second options i will definately keep puting money into my account and will send new statements after application whenever i have new big amount of money putting in.

is that any lawyer u can recommand to me? please message me if u have any suggestions