ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about traveling to EU countries

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astrocystem
Newly Registered

Query about traveling to EU countries

Post by astrocystem » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi I am non EU citizen and married to a romanian citizen.I applied for residence permit and I got 1 year ID card of family member.I want to know that
1.Can i travel with this card to EU countries like austria or germany with my wife without visa
2. Can my wife work there without permit.
3. Can i work there too.

Waiting for answers.... Thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Query about traveling to EU countries

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

astrocystem wrote:Hi I am non EU citizen and married to a romanian citizen.I applied for residence permit and I got 1 year ID card of family member.I want to know that
1.Can i travel with this card to EU countries like austria or germany with my wife without visa
2. Can my wife work there without permit.
3. Can i work there too.

Waiting for answers.... Thanks!
You can travel but some countries (such as UK) don't allow Romanians to work (other than self-employed for UK) for first two years I think.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

daexpat
Newly Registered

Post by daexpat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 am

You can travel to all of the eu states, except the UK and the stay is limited to only 5 days transit. so you can stay for only 5 days at 1 single go and then you need to exit that eu state. you cannot work in any of the eu states based on your romanian residency permit, until and unless you get work permits specifically for those eu states.

cheers
Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:53 am

Austria and Germany still keep up the restrictions for the new EU to the maximum which means that they still need a work permit. Depending on the profession this is possible though.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 am

First, you have a family member ID card which is for 1 year..from what I know, you should be given a 5 years family member ID and only this allows you to travel visa-free with your wife within the EU ..ofcourse except our GREAT UK and Ireland.

Secondly, Your wife can work in all the EU countries without a working permit except UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France and Italy...but these countries I mentioned still allow Romanians to work in hospitality field without a working permit.

YOU NEED A WORKING PERMIT TO WORK IN EU AS YOU DO NOT HOLD AN EU CITIZENSHIP...you have just a residence in Romania.

BTW, are you allowed to work in Romania, if you have this family residence permit or do you need to get a separate work permit to be legally employed there???
Any residence in Romania can work as long as the permit is valid.
Charles4u

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:09 am

charles4u wrote:YOU NEED A WORKING PERMIT TO WORK IN EU AS YOU DO NOT HOLD AN EU CITIZENSHIP.
He doesn't if he's with his wife and she is exercising a Treaty right.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm

benifa wrote:
charles4u wrote:YOU NEED A WORKING PERMIT TO WORK IN EU AS YOU DO NOT HOLD AN EU CITIZENSHIP.
He doesn't if he's with his wife and she is exercising a Treaty right.
Even if his wife holds a permanent residence their, he still needs to make a registration for residence which I guess its still the same thing as applying for a working permit before working

My point is, he still have to make a kinda registration either for residence permit as a family member or a working permit before working

His not an EU citizen so he cant work automatically or can he ?
Charles4u

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 pm

"Registration for residence" is absolutely not the same as "applying for a work permit", for a variety of reasons.

He does not have to "make a kinda registration either for residence permit as a family member or a working permit before working" if he is the spouse of an EEA national who is resident in the host Member State in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC. He can work immediately or at any time, though failure to comply with the requirement to apply for a Residence Card may make the person concerned liable to proportionate and non-discriminatory sanctions. (Article 9(3)).

However, possession of or the submission of an application for a Residence Card is not what provides the person with right to reside and to work. Not possessing or not applying for a Residence Card does not remove the person of his right to reside and to work.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

astrocystem
Newly Registered

Thanks!, give me further details plz

Post by astrocystem » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:15 pm

I also would like to know that does my wife needs to attest her certificates from foreign office in romania to use them in Eu states or not?

How can i get the residence card in germany and for how long it will be?

Anything else you want to tell about this topc....

thanks.....