ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About EEA2 ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pete7175
Newly Registered

About EEA2 ?

Post by pete7175 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:22 am

Hello Everybody,
I would have a question about eea2 to be sure to select the best way for me to stay in UK.
Me: I am non EU citizen, first i came to UK with student visa in Feb. 2008 then i changed my visa kind into ECAA visa (self employed visa) and it expires Dec. 2009
My wife: She is Bulgarian citizen, first she came to UK Oct. 2007 with an employment agency. she is working full time since she came to UK. Now she has resident card (blue card) and we got marry in UK Aug. 2009 (1 month ago) and got the marriage certificate.
My question: Because of i couldn t start my own business yet, i don t think that HO. will give me visa again for self employed, because they want to see improvement at work so should i apply now for EEA2 visa kind using of marriage to make my visa longer.? If someone helps i would be pleased. Thanks...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:16 am

Yes, since marrying your Bulgarian wife you are classed as her "family member" and you should indeed complete a form EEA2 to obtain a Residence Card.
John

pete7175
Newly Registered

Post by pete7175 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for the information John...