ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adjusting status/Affidavid of Support

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Adjusting status/Affidavid of Support

Post by SoConfused84 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:21 am

Quick but very important question.

My husband and I are in the middle of adjusting his status while here in the US. He is UK citizen, I am US citizen.

We lived in the UK for one year before coming back to the US.

On the affidavid of support is it possible to use my Grandmother's savings and the value of the land she owns as income? She has WELL over 10 times the minimum poverty guidlines in savings alone. Land value is just extra, and also she has money tied up in CD's.

Is this a good idea to use her? As I cannot use myself due to just starting work, and I know that we cannot use any money we had saved while in England that is in our English bank account.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sorry about any spelling errors or confusion, I have had a stressful day due to my original sponsor deciding not to help due to not wanting to fill out the paperwork. :(

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Adjusting status/Affidavid of Support

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question: you already know that you are allowed to have a joint sponsor (as long as she or he is a USC/LPR living in the US). So what makes you think you may have problems with your grandmother?

By the way, what is your husband's current status in the US? Did he enter on a visa waiver?