ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nirmal_kishore

Dependant Maintenance funds

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi
I am applying for WP to Tier 1 (switching) in a few days for myself and 2 dependants and had a query regarding Maintenance funds.

For my own application I do have the necessary £800 for last 3 months. For my wife's application again there is sufficient (£533) funds however for my son's application, I was hoping to show my wife's savings account as the source of maintenance fund. I have been informed just a few minutes ago that this is not allowed i.e Maintenance funds for my son should be shown on my account and not my wife's.. Is this correct?

Suggestions please

Thanks
Nirmal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:Hi
I am applying for WP to Tier 1 (switching) in a few days for myself and 2 dependants and had a query regarding Maintenance funds.

For my own application I do have the necessary £800 for last 3 months. For my wife's application again there is sufficient (£533) funds however for my son's application, I was hoping to show my wife's savings account as the source of maintenance fund. I have been informed just a few minutes ago that this is not allowed i.e Maintenance funds for my son should be shown on my account and not my wife's.. Is this correct?

Suggestions please

Thanks
Nirmal
Why dont your show your and your son's maintenance funds in ur account (800+533) and use your wife's account for her own maintenance funds... i think it should be ok..

seniors can you just confirm this, if it is OK, i think so..

nirmal_kishore

Re Maintenance funds

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Ramesh
I would have if I had sufficient funds. I am actually falling short by about £50. I guess it doesn't matter how much I fall short by - I am just falling short. So my only option is to show my wife's account for my son as well - or wait for another 3 months!

Suggestios please

Thanks
Nanda

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Re Maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:Hi Ramesh
I would have if I had sufficient funds. I am actually falling short by about £50. I guess it doesn't matter how much I fall short by - I am just falling short. So my only option is to show my wife's account for my son as well - or wait for another 3 months!

Suggestios please

Thanks
Nanda
Yeah maintenance fund shd not even fall by 1pence n not even 1day.. so it is important..

as i mentioned inmy earlier message
Why dont your show your and your son's maintenance funds in ur account (800+533) and use your wife's account for her own maintenance funds... i think it should be ok..
i think i read somewhere that dependents can show funds in their own accounts..

In that case use the funds in ur account for YOURSELVES and YOUR SON
funds in ur wife account for HER M. funds proof..

wait for confirmation from others..

nirmal_kishore

clarification

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Ramesh
I think we have some confusion here. What I am saying is that my account doesn't have sufficient funds to represent maintenance for myself and my son. However my wife's savings account does have funds sufficient for herself and my son. So my question is, can I show that my wife's account is the source for her application and my son's as well? Is there a chance of the application being rejected on that basis?

Thanks
Nirmal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: clarification

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:29 pm

I think we have some confusion here. What I am saying is that my account doesn't have sufficient funds to represent maintenance for myself and my son. However my wife's savings account does have funds sufficient for herself and my son. So my question is, can I show that my wife's account is the source for her application and my son's as well? Is there a chance of the application being rejected on that basis?

Thanks
Nirmal
You are right.. i mis-read ur post.. sorry abt that..

Apart from the bank account in UK.. do u have any other bank accounts ?? in India.. to cover those 50£ for that period..

hope u know that you can show 1 or more bank accoutns in your name or as a joint account holder... to show that you have enough maintenance funds.. i think you shd seriously check this and see if you ARE LUCKY to cover those 50GBP..

Goodluck

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:41 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Thanks
Nirmal
You are right.. i mis-read ur post.. sorry abt that..

Apart from the bank account in UK.. do u have any other bank accounts ?? in India.. to cover those 50£ for that period..

hope u know that you can show 1 or more bank accoutns in your name or as a joint account holder... to show that you have enough maintenance funds.. i think you shd seriously check this and see if you ARE LUCKY to cover those 50GBP..

Goodluck
Found this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/
Personal bank or building society statements covering the previous three-month period

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

* the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
* the account number;
* the date of the statement;
* the financial institution's name and logo;
* transactions covering the three-month period;
* that there are enough funds present in the account for the past three months.

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. You must also send a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided.

Statements which only show the balance in the account on a particular day are not enough.
On the basis of this it seems that you can show your wife's bank account for your son's application. At least that is my understanding of that part that I have made bold.

Does anyone have any other interpretation of that statement?
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 pm

cheshiregoan wrote: * the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
Well spotted Cheshireggoan.. great stuff..

nirmal_kishore

maintenance funds

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks Cheshiregoan.. It does seem from that line that I could use my wife's statement for my son.. and I hope our interpretation is correct. Anyone else out there have any comments?

nirmal_kishore

Dependant Maintenance funds - still confused.

Post by nirmal_kishore » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:52 am

Hello
I have asked this question in the past but I am not sure if I am clear enough so asking again.

A quick background - I am applying for switching from WP to Tier 1 for myself along with 2 dependants. We have been here for over a year so the maintenance funds rule will be (£800+£533+£533).

My funds - I am able to show this in my HSBC Savings account statements

Funds for my wife - Able to show in my wife's Post Office savings account statements

Funds for my son - The plan was to show this in my wife's PO Savings account. This is where I think the problem lies. I know a previous respons to my question suggested that I can indeed show my wife's savings for my son however I am not too sure if the statement in the guidance is explicit enough so I am checking. Can someone who has experienc in this clarify please?

As an alternative, I am able to show sufficient funds for the 3 of us (£1866) with funds between my current and savings account. However the problem I have with this is that in the month of July, there were a few days when my current account was running on overdraft, however my savings accounts did have sufficient money to cover the debit as well as the required maintenance funds. So for example I was overdraft by let's say £500 (read as -£500) but my savings account at that time had £3000. Again I am not sure if this is allowed so need your advice please.

By the way applying later (so that July doesn't fall within the last 3 months ) is not an option because I have an in-person appointment this Friday (9th Oct).

Thanks
Nirmal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Maintenance funds - still confused.

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 am

nirmal_kishore wrote:As an alternative, I am able to show sufficient funds for the 3 of us (£1866) with funds between my current and savings account. However the problem I have with this is that in the month of July, there were a few days when my current account was running on overdraft, however my savings accounts did have sufficient money to cover the debit as well as the required maintenance funds. So for example I was overdraft by let's say £500 (read as -£500) but my savings account at that time had £3000. Again I am not sure if this is allowed so need your advice please.
You can use 1 or more accounts to show that you have enough funds for the Maintenance..

and i think with the example you mentioned above.. if with the combination of account1+account2 is +(£800+£533+£533)= +1866 GBP and above for the 3months (on each day...)

you are good to go..

This is the purpose n advantage of using 1 or more accounts..

nirmal_kishore

Thank you

Post by nirmal_kishore » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Perfect. Thanks Ramesh.. I love this forum

rasinrdj

maintenance funds for spouse

Post by rasinrdj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Dear Members,
Thanks for your help and support on this forum. I'm preparing my application and will apply next week, just waiting for my latest bank statement. I have doubt about the dependant maintenance funds for my spouse. I have sufficient funds in my account more than £1600 for both of us over the past 3 months. Is it ok if I show the funds in my a/c or do my spouse need to show the funds in her a/c. She doesn't have an a/c in uk.

Can somebody please clarify my doubt, has anyone applied for spouse dependant extension by showing funds in his own a/c?

The following link and the statement confused me.

"The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."
Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: maintenance funds for spouse

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:21 pm

rasinrdj wrote:Dear Members,
Thanks for your help and support on this forum. I'm preparing my application and will apply next week, just waiting for my latest bank statement. I have doubt about the dependant maintenance funds for my spouse. I have sufficient funds in my account more than £1600 for both of us over the past 3 months. Is it ok if I show the funds in my a/c or do my spouse need to show the funds in her a/c. She doesn't have an a/c in uk.

Can somebody please clarify my doubt, has anyone applied for spouse dependant extension by showing funds in his own a/c?

"The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."
Thanks
Main Applicant can show the funds in his account for both himself and the dependents...

Dependents can also show the funds in their own accounts..

so you are good to go and i think 99% of the applicants show the funds in the main applicants accounts (as like you dependents rarely have accounts in UK unless working.. )

rasinrdj

Re: maintenance funds for spouse

Post by rasinrdj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks Ramesh,
This forum rules.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
rasinrdj wrote:Dear Members,

Thanks
Main Applicant can show the funds in his account for both himself and the dependents...

Dependents can also show the funds in their own accounts..

so you are good to go and i think 99% of the applicants show the funds in the main applicants accounts (as like you dependents rarely have accounts in UK unless working.. )

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund for Spouse

Post by new~b0y » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the maintenance fund for the application of Tier1(G) dependent visa for my wife.

Background:
I came to the UK on Tier1(G) in June and I found a job immediately. In mean time, my wife is working in the UK on Work Permit (Exp 2012). Unfortunately, her company is going through some changes and she might be laid off by the end of this year. So, I believe the wise thing to do is to switch her WP to Tier1(G) dependent. I hope this should be a straight forward application.

The question is how much is the maintenance fund required for her application? Since I already got my Tier1(G), then she will be submitting her application alone. I'm in the UK for less than 12 months, therefore am I correct to say that I only need to show that my bank account has balance of more than GBP 1600 at any time for 3 months?

Thank you very much.