ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP dependent for child born in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

[iD]

HSMP dependent for child born in the UK

Post by [iD] » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:39 pm

hi
I know this has been covered before so my apologies to discuss this again :)
I am on HSMP visa and my first extension is due in June 2010. I had my child born here in the UK in may 09. I didnt apply for the visa because I never had any plans to take him out UK before my extension is due, but now I have to visit Pakistan in 40 days time
my questions are
A) What visa do I apply for what forms should I use? considering that now they have this Tier 1 visa to replace HSMP
B) What documents do I need to send for my kid's visa?
C) What is the fee?
and D) How long does the process take?

I've read similar cases here but it's confusing because everyone is saying the different thing, plus some cases were done before the introduction of Tier 1

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Irfan

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP dependent for child born in the UK

Post by mvent00 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:28 am

This might be helpful.
[iD] wrote:hi
I know this has been covered before so my apologies to discuss this again :)
I am on HSMP visa and my first extension is due in June 2010. I had my child born here in the UK in may 09. I didnt apply for the visa because I never had any plans to take him out UK before my extension is due, but now I have to visit Pakistan in 40 days time
my questions are
A) What visa do I apply for what forms should I use? considering that now they have this Tier 1 visa to replace HSMP
B) What documents do I need to send for my kid's visa?
C) What is the fee?
and D) How long does the process take?

I've read similar cases here but it's confusing because everyone is saying the different thing, plus some cases were done before the introduction of Tier 1

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Irfan

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:39 pm

1- You will need to Use PBS (point based system form).

2- Please note you will need to fulfil funds requirement which is now for each family member including main application (see guidance for PBS form) so you wil need to sumbitt at least three months bank statements. .so if there is even a single penny less than required; app will be refused

3-cannot say anythg about the current timeline, visa fee is £465 but if you like to submitt it inperson then fee would be £665.