ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have a residence card can I work in other EU member state?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lulubunny
Newly Registered

I have a residence card can I work in other EU member state?

Post by lulubunny » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 am

I have Swedish residence card, and it states that I have work permit in Sweden, I am wondering can I work in other EU countries as well? Or I have to apply for the work permit in that country again? Thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: I have a residence card can I work in other EU member st

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am

lulubunny wrote:I have Swedish residence card, and it states that I have work permit in Sweden, I am wondering can I work in other EU countries as well? Or I have to apply for the work permit in that country again? Thanks!
You need Work Permits.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lulubunny
Newly Registered

Post by lulubunny » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks Wanderer!
Another question is what if I have a work permit in one country, for example Germany, am I still only allowed to work in Germany? what if the properties of the job includes travelling in different European countries?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:17 pm

lulubunny wrote:Thanks Wanderer!
Another question is what if I have a work permit in one country, for example Germany, am I still only allowed to work in Germany? what if the properties of the job includes travelling in different European countries?
You'll need a WP for each country unless the country participates in Van Der Elst visa regime - Germany does but I don't know about others.

lulubunny
Newly Registered

Post by lulubunny » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks!

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey, I would like to ask you under which grounds you got your residence permit in Sweden. Which country of origin are you from?

lulubunny
Newly Registered

Post by lulubunny » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 am

i'm from china, i've been living with my finnish bf for 1 year in Sweden.

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 pm

lulubunny wrote:i'm from china, i've been living with my finnish bf for 1 year in Sweden.
So did you come to Sweden on student visa? Was the grounds of your RC partnership?

bumpe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bumpe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

lulubunny wrote:I have Swedish residence card, and it states that I have work permit in Sweden, I am wondering can I work in other EU countries as well? Or I have to apply for the work permit in that country again? Thanks!
I believe NO, you will not need further documents to enter or work in other EU states. My personal experience, I am a non EU member married to a Germany and have a German residence card. I could enter and work in almost all the EU countries apart from UK using my German residence card. (Remember they share data) Some countries might require registration after 3 months but that i don't know much.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 am

bumpe wrote:
I believe NO, you will not need further documents to enter or work in other EU states. My personal experience, I am a non EU member married to a Germany and have a German residence card. I could enter and work in almost all the EU countries apart from UK using my German residence card. (Remember they share data) Some countries might require registration after 3 months but that i don't know much.
This is only true if the non-EEA family member is accompanied by his/her spouse.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:22 pm

lulubunny wrote:Another question is what if I have a work permit in one country, for example Germany, am I still only allowed to work in Germany? what if the properties of the job includes travelling in different European countries?
Where is your employer, and where are you being paid?

Tell me about the kind of travelling you are doing to different European countries? How often and for how long? What will you be doing?

dell
Newly Registered

Post by dell » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Can you please tell me how long did it take before you got the card, also, should financial support come from the applicant or the EU spouse. In my case , I have shown that I have job in sweden. i have applied for 5 years period.