ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Same Employer New job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luckie
Newly Registered

ILR - Same Employer New job

Post by luckie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi,

I will be completing my 5 years continuous work permit status in UK on 31st Jan 2010 and i can apply for ILR from 3rd Jan as per the regulations.

But, my current employment with my employer expires on 31st Jan 2010.

Could anyone please tell me if i am eligible to apply for ILR on 3rd Jan as my current employment expires in 31st Jan 2010.

Also, if my employer gives a new job (different job position and salary) from 1st Feb 2010, does the job need to go for Labour market test or will a just a letter from them be enough ?

Your replies are much appreciated.

thanks.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:45 pm

On 3rd of Jan you will be still employed by same employer for same job so there should not be a problem.

Hopefully you will get ILR before 31st of Jan and will be able to do any job with any employer.

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Sky_High,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I was under the impression that one needs to have assurance of continued employment/offer letter after the 5 years period (after 31st Jan 2010 for me). Is there any such rule mentioned to get ILR ?

Thanks !

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 pm

You need a latter to show that you are in continous employment and are required by employer.

I do not see a problem here.

You will be in continous employment for the same employer and will be required by the same employer even after 31st Jan.

Play your game carefully. Get this latter from your employer. Tell each party what they need to know. Do not tell what you do not want to tell. Draft latter carefully.

Do u work in a big company?

You can get a latter at the start/middle of Dec say some thing " Mr x is in continous full time emoployment for xxx Ltd since xxxxx. His salary is xxxx, NI xxxx........................"

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:17 pm

i work for a University..not sure whether they would give me a letter in the format we ask for :(

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Last time when I asked a reference letter from my employer, they refused. I needed that letter to get visit visa for France. Than I told HR that I also wanted to give a reference letter to my landloard. (Employer reference letter for renting house/flat is very common in this country. Even UK born prople need this) and Next morning HR gave me that letter.
Best of Luck