ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recenlty unemployed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

citizenshipinwaiting
Newly Registered

Recenlty unemployed

Post by citizenshipinwaiting » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am

Hi

I recently become unemployed. I have my long term residency granted already. I also applied for citizenship in 2007. I just want a second opinion. I have been reading in the forum. The citizenship section in INIS might as P21 and bank statement as additional documents for citizenship application process. I was wondering. If I just become unemployed and never claimed social welfare and had never been into any legal trouble in Ireland. Will citizenship section in INIS refuse my application because of i became UNEMPLOYED????

Thx
Citizenshipinwaiting

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 am

they wouldn't refuse you just because you are unemployed. they could refuse you if you cannot prove to them that you are self sufficient and can support yourself without claiming social welfare. you may be supported by your spouse for example and it will be good enough.

citizenshipinwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by citizenshipinwaiting » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 pm

agniukas wrote:they wouldn't refuse you just because you are unemployed. they could refuse you if you cannot prove to them that you are self sufficient and can support yourself without claiming social welfare. you may be supported by your spouse for example and it will be good enough.
That is a the problem. I am a single guy!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:50 pm

citizenshipinwaiting wrote:
agniukas wrote:they wouldn't refuse you just because you are unemployed. they could refuse you if you cannot prove to them that you are self sufficient and can support yourself without claiming social welfare. you may be supported by your spouse for example and it will be good enough.
That is a the problem. I am a single guy!
What they might do is defer a decision with youre application until a later date or when you have obtained gainful employ.

However you might just be lucky and they dont ask you for any additional documentation.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:05 pm

citizenshipinwaiting, then you should be able to show them that you have plenty of savings to dig into while you are waiting for your decision.