ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reference number / letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saratbabu07

reference number / letter

Post by saratbabu07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,

I've submitted my tier 1 extn application via special delivery (royal mail) on saturday (26/09/09). Could someone please advise when will i receive the reference number and how (email or post)?

Many thanks,
Sarat

oceanboy_99
Newly Registered

Post by oceanboy_99 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi,

When I tried to switch to Tier 1 General visa by applying via post last July, I received my reference number in 4 working days from the day I sent my application.

However, my application was rejected as invalid because the photographs I submitted were more than 1 month old =(.

I will have my in-person appointment in the next couple of days.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: reference number / letter

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm

saratbabu07 wrote:Hi,

I've submitted my tier 1 extn application via special delivery (royal mail) on saturday (26/09/09). Could someone please advise when will i receive the reference number and how (email or post)?

Many thanks,
Sarat
You will receive it by post. Since you posted it on Saturday 26th, they would have received it today (28th Sept.). Most likely they will post out your acknowledgement either in the next day or two, so hopefully you should it receive it this week (unless it gets delayed in postal strike).
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi,

How can they reject the application by saying the photo was 1 month old. How will the home office know when was the photo taken.

Can anyone clarify on this photo issue. I have heard alot from this forum about rejection of application just coz of photos.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Hi,

How can they reject the application by saying the photo was 1 month old. How will the home office know when was the photo taken.

Can anyone clarify on this photo issue. I have heard alot from this forum about rejection of application just coz of photos.
The most foolish mistake people can make is by sending the same photo that is on their visa/passport. Also sometimes the date and time of photo is printed on the back of the photo (I have seen some photo machines put this timestamp, doesn't always happen though).
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

oceanboy_99
Newly Registered

Post by oceanboy_99 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm

That's correct. I am too stupid to submit the photographs that I used to apply my previous visa (this was 3 years ago :oops:).

However, the reason why I did it because I remember my advisor once told me that during her entire career, she has yet to experience a visa rejection due to photographs.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Please inform you advisor about your case otherwise he/she might advice someone else the same thing. You must read the guidlines first to prepare any application.
oceanboy_99 wrote:That's correct. I am too stupid to submit the photographs that I used to apply my previous visa (this was 3 years ago :oops:).

However, the reason why I did it because I remember my advisor once told me that during her entire career, she has yet to experience a visa rejection due to photographs.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks cheshiregoan.