ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4FAM Granted-updated on earlier post!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jspruit
Newly Registered

EU4FAM Granted-updated on earlier post!

Post by jspruit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:02 am

Just writing to let you know that my EU4FAM has been approved after almost 6 months of paperwork with the EU Treaty Rights section at Burgh Quay. Very relieved to get this taken care of and best of luck to everyone else trying to do the same thing. The authorities ask for alot of things but stick with it!!!

Hello Everyone, I've been reading posts from this forum for the past few years and they have been very informative. This is my first time actually starting a topic since I've come to a crossroads with life here in Ireland recently.

I'm American and my wife is non-Irish EU. We moved here in the summer of 2005 and got married in Dublin in the summer of 2008 and just had our first child. We have both been working since we arrived and I have been registered with my GNIB card Stamp 4 since arriving working with the same company. I applied for my EU1 status this summer, and have been giving the department additional information as requested, but I have not received anything definite from them.

I have been working annually on a contract renewable in October (but my passport work authorisation and GNIB card are stamped until 2011), but work is drying up fast. My employers have given me 2 options: take full redundancy - or - take an unpaid 3 month sabattical and revisit possible work in the new year or take the redundancy if there isn't any work. My employers have agreed to sign a new annual contract for the sabattical if that is required to keep my GNIB status clear.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help with, so here they go: If I take redundancy does that affect my EU1 status? Does my GNIB Stamp 4 allow me to be in the country without a job? Am I eligible for unemployment benefits? My wife has a good job in the medical field, so is it better for me to get a spousal visa through her employer and just stay at home and take care of our child (we don't have any experience with Irish childcare.) I'm a bit reluctant to go down to the Immigration Bureau to discuss my rights as I'm afraid that might affect my EU1 application status as I've heard conflicting information from them in the past.

I hope that I've provided enough information for everyone to understand my position, if not then just ask for more and I'll provide as much as I can. I'm hoping that someone out there has some tips or has been in a similar position and can shed some light. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by jspruit on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 am

If you've applied for E.U1, you are still in legal status even if you loose your job. Irish Dept.of Justice is required by law to approve the E.U1 application within 6 months. I'd be a bit wary of applying for unemployment benefits till your E.U1 approval comes through.

jspruit
Newly Registered

Benefits

Post by jspruit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks for the quick reply archigabe. Financially right now, I think that I have enough savings to wait off until the EU1 status comes in regarding my benefits. But do you know if I am allowed to apply for back benefits from those missed months when I go into the unemployment office? Will the unemployment office notify the EU1 department of my employment status after I begin taking benefits and could this have any potential negative effect?

LuasPassenger

Re: Benefits

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 am

jspruit wrote:Thanks for the quick reply archigabe. Financially right now, I think that I have enough savings to wait off until the EU1 status comes in regarding my benefits. But do you know if I am allowed to apply for back benefits from those missed months when I go into the unemployment office? Will the unemployment office notify the EU1 department of my employment status after I begin taking benefits and could this have any potential negative effect?
Unfortunately the welfare office will only start paying you after you go to them, so they won't do any payments retrospectively. Read the documents listed in this page for more info on the process for applying for Jobseekers benefit: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... redundancy

Please note: do not confues jobseeker's benefit with jobseeker's allowance. You will qualify for jobseeker's benefit. It's a bit confusing as the two terms are very similar.

I don't think the welfare office will notify INIS. They are really busy these days. However, when you go there they will ask you for your GNIB card and passport to check if you still have permission to remain in the country.

jspruit
Newly Registered

Approved!

Post by jspruit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Just writing to let you know that my EU4FAM has been approved after almost 6 months of paperwork with the EU Treaty Rights section at Burgh Quay. Very relieved to get this taken care of and best of luck to everyone else trying to do the same thing. The authorities ask for alot of things but stick with it!!!

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Congratulations man!
I am happy to hear that. How long exactly did it take to get it?
6 months or less then that?

jspruit
Newly Registered

Approved Eu4FAM

Post by jspruit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 pm

The entire process took 5 1/2 months from start to finish. Lots of paperwork going back and forth, plus it didn't help that we moved from one apartment to another halfway through the process and they asked for a whole new set of documents with our new address on everything. Glad that it is over now though. I'll be applying for social benefits next now that I have recently lost my job.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi jspruit

My fiancé and I are about to apply for EU1.

Just wondering would you have the time to type a list of what documents you provided in your application?

We are a bit confused on what to provide and are not sure if we have enough.

beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi jspruit

Just wondering would you have the time to type a list of what documents you provided in your application?

This link will provide you information regarding to documentation for EU1
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000033

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Rebel82,

Thanks for the link. I have seen that link already, and was just thinking is there any other documentation needed than what is on the site. (It doesn't go into a lot of detail)

Just wondering, from anyone who has applied for stamp 4EUFAM, what documents did you provide as proof of relationship and what documents did you provide as proof of residency? Still waiting on that stupid PRTB form! :)

Thanks
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

Monifé wrote:Hi Rebel82,

Thanks for the link. I have seen that link already, and was just thinking is there any other documentation needed than what is on the site. (It doesn't go into a lot of detail)

Just wondering, from anyone who has applied for stamp 4EUFAM, what documents did you provide as proof of relationship and what documents did you provide as proof of residency? Still waiting on that stupid PRTB form! :)

Thanks
Hi Monife,
I think thats all the documents required by EU treaty rights section and I applied for 4EUFAM in September and I got approval in Feb and I provided all the documents which they asked in this link and I provide a marriage certificate as a proof of relationship and from Residency proof we gave bank statements Joint account, ESB bill, Gas bill, NTL, Meteor bill,PRTB letter, Rental contract and a letter from the letting agency.
When I applied my wife was working 5 days a week and 42 hours and then after 3 months she was working only 10 hours and we informed DOJ but later we find out that 10 hours a week is enough to exercise your EU treaty rights.
The most important part is you have to be exercising your EU treaty rights and you will be fine.
PRTB processing time is 3 months these days.
Good luck with your application.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks Rebel82 :)

One more question, we are applying on basis of partnership, rather than spouse, would you have any advice on what to provide as proof of relationship?

We have a joint bank account, NTL in both names and are going to go to meteor to get our call history for the last 2 years, oh and photos and supporting letters from family. ESB is in landlords name and dont get any other paper bills.

And we have only been living together for a couple of months, so is the bills from then sufficient? or will they expect us to send bills for last 2 years, which I wont be able to.

We are also going to swear an affidavit of our relationship. :)

Thanks again

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Monifé wrote:Thanks Rebel82 :)

One more question, we are applying on basis of partnership, rather than spouse, would you have any advice on what to provide as proof of relationship?

We have a joint bank account, NTL in both names and are going to go to meteor to get our call history for the last 2 years, oh and photos and supporting letters from family. ESB is in landlords name and dont get any other paper bills.

And we have only been living together for a couple of months, so is the bills from then sufficient? or will they expect us to send bills for last 2 years, which I wont be able to.

We are also going to swear an affidavit of our relationship. :)
Thanks again
Hi
I think you need proof of relationship for two years I think you need to provide evidence that you are together for two years.
I am sure any other experienced member such as Ben and Obie can advise you better then me.
Good luck!

jspruit
Newly Registered

Post by jspruit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi jspruit

Monife:

The information posted by other users regarding the official link is what really matters, and also rebel82's advice is sound too.

Here are the documents (all originals unless noted) that I sent in along with the application:
-my current passport
-my old passport showing previous Irish working visa stamps
-my wife's current passport
-PPS registration letters for both of us
-Irish marriage certificate
-current and past bank statements for both of us
-current and past P60 forms for both of us
-birth certificates for both of us
-work contracts for both of us
-Irish birth certificate for our daughter
-my previous and current GNIB cards
-postcards/photos dated from our relationship from the previous 5 years
-home insurance policy statement
-PRTB statement
-current and previous payslips for both of us

I may have overdone it on the documents, but I didn't want to have to bounce letters/additional documents back and forth with them too much once the process was started or risk a denial because of lack of evidence. We ended up moving halfway through the process and they asked for some new documents proving our new address along with update payslips at that time.

Good luck

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks a million jspruit and rebel82 for taking the time to tell me.

Shall get cracking now to get all these documents ready :)

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks a million jspruit and rebel82 for taking the time to tell me.

Shall get cracking now to get all these documents ready :)