ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final document list check - applying tomorrow by post

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Final document list check - applying tomorrow by post

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 am

Hi Forum,

Thanks to the awesome help from all members here I have almost reached the end of my preparations for my extension application. If everything goes well I might apply in 1-2 days.

Here is a final list of documents I am sending through, please let me know if I have missed out on something "must have", or adding something would be "nice to have". FYI I am on HSMP visa and have 1 dependant too.

Main Applicant documents:

1) Duly filled Tier 1 General extension application form
2) Consolidated Cover Letter mentioning the apart from other information, employee details in case they want to get in touch with the employers.
3) Age : 10 Points. Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.
4) Qualification: 30 Points ( Bachelors degree). Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.
5) Earnings: 35 Points.
Period Claimed: 1 Sep 2008 - 31 Aug 2009
Evidence: 11 Months Payslips( Sep 2008 to Feb 2009 and Apr 2009 - Aug 2009. No salary in March 2009.)
Bank Statements ( 1st October 2008 to 1st September 2009)

6) UK Experience: 5 Points. Just pointed to already supplied payslips.
7) English Language Requirements: 10 Points. Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.
8 ) Maintenance: 10 Points. Again pointed to already attached bank statements.
9) Passport
10) Original Marriage certificate for extension of dependant visa for spouse.
11) A copy of the points-based calculator self-assessment report.

Spouse:

1) Filled in Tier 1 PBS dependant application form.
2) Passport
3) Original Marriage Certificate

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Final document list check - applying tomorrow by post

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:07 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

Thanks to the awesome help from all members here I have almost reached the end of my preparations for my extension application. If everything goes well I might apply in 1-2 days.

Here is a final list of documents I am sending through, please let me know if I have missed out on something "must have", or adding something would be "nice to have". FYI I am on HSMP visa and have 1 dependant too.

Main Applicant documents:

1) Duly filled Tier 1 General extension application form

2) Consolidated Cover Letter mentioning the apart from other information, employee details in case they want to get in touch with the employers.

3) Age : 10 Points. Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.

4) Qualification: 30 Points ( Bachelors degree). Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.

5) Earnings: 35 Points.

Period Claimed: 1 Sep 2008 - 31 Aug 2009

Evidence: 11 Months Payslips( Sep 2008 to Feb 2009 and Apr 2009 - Aug 2009. No salary in March 2009.) Mention in cover letter that you are claiming 11 months salary.

Bank Statements ( 1st October 2008 to 1st September 2009) If I were you, to be on the safe side, for maintenance funds requirement I would try to get the latest possible date of statement. Your last date of statement, 1st September 2009 is almost one month old now, while for maintenance funds the proof should not be older than one month from the date of application.

6) UK Experience: 5 Points. Just pointed to already supplied payslips.

7) English Language Requirements: 10 Points. Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.

8 ) Maintenance: 10 Points. Again pointed to already attached bank statements.
If I were you, to be on the safe side, for maintenance funds requirement I would try to get the latest possible date of statement. Your last date, 1st September 2009 is almost one month old now, while for maintenance funds the proof should not be older than one month from the date of application.

9) Passport

10) Original Marriage certificate for extension of dependant visa for spouse.

11) A copy of the points-based calculator self-assessment report.

12) Photo, according to guidelines, should not be older than one month (take care it should not be on an older visa or have an older date printed on it)

Spouse:

1) Filled in Tier 1 PBS dependant application form.

2) Passport

3) Original Marriage Certificate

4) Maintenance funds from main applicant??? Please mention it clearly in cover letter

4) Photo, according to guidelines, should not be older than one month (take care it should not be on an older visa or have an older date printed on it)

Please wait for responses from others as well

Regards

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:10 am

The pack looks good. Like mvent00 pointed out, be careful about stuff like photos and maintenance funds for both yourself and your spouse.

If you are able to post out the application either today or tomorrow, then the date of the statement is ok, but if it gets postponed till Thursday, then you better wait for your latest bank statement to come through.

You can include a self-addressed prepaid envelope for them to return your pack to you. I did not but still managed to get my documents 2 days after they posted. But this is entirely upto you and how comfortable you are with the wait.

Other than that, best of luck.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks CheshireGoan and mvent00. I have not heard from other senior members like tvn_ramesh and push_hsmp in sometime, where are you guys:)?

I think I am going to be applying either today or worst case positively by tomorrow, and would be sending the application by RM Special Delivery. If I am not wrong in that case the date of application would be considered to be tomorrow that is 30th of September?

I would also be attaching a self-addressed RM Special Delivery envelope, as I am not the best when it comes to anxious waits:).

A quick question, what is the most popular way of sending across documents, just put them in a folder and send them across, or do something more fancy like a storage folder with each evidence in a separate section and color marked and other uber-organized ways of doing it? Any inputs would help.

About the point regarding mentioning the early extension in the cover letter, I am still not sure what to do. I do have a communication with the UKBA where they clearly state that I can apply anytime before the leave expires, I was planning to attach a printout of this with my application and mention it in the cover letter.

Waiting for more feedback from senior members and other members like Lizrich who have got early extension successfully.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Other senior members can you please provide some inputs as well?

I am really confused now whether I should wait for another week or so to get the bank statement for this month and then apply, but this might change a lot of my documents, besides delaying my application by 7-10 days.

On the other hand if I send across the application first thing tomorrow morning, it is still on the 30th September only 1 day away from the dreaded 1 month period.

Some suggestions on which path to take would be highly appreciated.

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:13 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Other senior members can you please provide some inputs as well?

I am really confused now whether I should wait for another week or so to get the bank statement for this month and then apply, but this might change a lot of my documents, besides delaying my application by 7-10 days.

On the other hand if I send across the application first thing tomorrow morning, it is still on the 30th September only 1 day away from the dreaded 1 month period.

Regards
I donno what documents would be changed in your case if you delay it by few days to apply.. because if your lastest bankstatement is dated 1st Sept.. i think it is little risky to send it today just a touch n go thing... But if you wait for few days get one more latest bankstatement and send in few days later but a STRONG/Straight forward application and the caseworker can do nothing than approving your application.

Because even if you send today evevening and if the post by RM gets delayed because of something by someway.. You will be resposbile for the delay not the HO and you will be risking both Fees and all your time, efforts and confidence..

Choice is your's..

P.S: Please dont wait for any particular member to reply, because you will loose time and important thing is most of the members on this board are well experienced and informative but if you want to get opinion of any particular member better send him/her a PM.. but i say again most of the guys here are informative, helpful and patient to reply bit by bit and query by query.. again n again.. goodluck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Other senior members can you please provide some inputs as well?

Regards
In my opinion two ways to see things. Hope this will help:

Option 1. As explained by tvn above. Which I personally agree with. If It was my application I would do the same to avoid after application sleepless nights because I know I panic easily.

Also

Option 2. You can still send the document tomorrow by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Please note, if you send you document by Royal Mail SD(for proof of despatch), application date is counted as "Date of Desptach" and not date when HO receive you document. You, technically (and as per the guidance), are well within your right and in limit to apply using the existing set of document. I don't see any reason why there would be a problem if you send tomorrow too. My previous companies has applied lot of time for me on last day of visa expiry and which was considered for extension.

Above all, This is something you need to make up your mind and follow. You have all the available option but you need to think it through.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Point taken Ramesh, and thanks for the suggestion Chetan.

I think I might as well wait for this month's statement before taking the plunge.

Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:I think I might as well wait for this month's statement before taking the plunge.
Good Choice.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Point taken Ramesh, and thanks for the suggestion Chetan.

I think I might as well wait for this month's statement before taking the plunge.

Regards
Btw.. with which bank do you have account with for Maintenance funds? i am asking this becos, why you need to wait instead of request for an uptodate statement which they can send it to your home address in 4-5days time.. but if you are waiting for the 1st oct 09 monthly statement which is 2days away.. then its fine.. goodluck

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm

I bank with LLoyds TSB.

Thats a good idea to request an up-to-date statement. I suppose I could ignore this months salary and still use the same interval for claiming previous earnings as I was going to now.

The new bank statement would only strengthen my maintenance fund claims and take the risk out of the picture.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:I bank with LLoyds TSB.

Thats a good idea to request an up-to-date statement. I suppose I could ignore this months salary and still use the same interval for claiming previous earnings as I was going to now.

The new bank statement would only strengthen my maintenance fund claims and take the risk out of the picture.
Yes.. for earnings since u can use any 12consecutive months salary in the last 15months dont change that, just get request a latest bankstatement from your bank..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:08 pm

I did same, used two different sets of statements: one for previous earnings and the other for maintenance funds. But mention/highlight it very clearly in you cover letter, to avoid confusing the case worker.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote:I bank with LLoyds TSB.

Yes.. for earnings since u can use any 12consecutive months salary in the last 15months dont change that, just get request a latest bankstatement from your bank..

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:01 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:A quick question, what is the most popular way of sending across documents, just put them in a folder and send them across, or do something more fancy like a storage folder with each evidence in a separate section and color marked and other uber-organized ways of doing it? Any inputs would help.

As long as it is not messy and the caseworker can find everything there is no problem. I sent mine in a simple file folder and used separate plastic sleeves, i.e. in one sleeve I had the form, in another I had my passport, in one I had my payslips and bank statements, and in the last one I had the bank statements for maintenance requirement. I also put a small sticker on each plastic sleeve to label what was in that section.

Yours can be fancier or more basic than what I did, but as long as everything is in the application pack and can be easily understood you have nothing to worry about.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:About the point regarding mentioning the early extension in the cover letter, I am still not sure what to do. I do have a communication with the UKBA where they clearly state that I can apply anytime before the leave expires, I was planning to attach a printout of this with my application and mention it in the cover letter.
If you want to include it you can include it, but since that letter was issued to you by the UKBA, sending it back to the UKBA is unnecessary.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:39 am

Thanks for your inputs folks.

As I posted earlier I decided to take the high road, and waited for the latest bank statement, which arrived today.

Will be sending my app with RM SD tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again guys!
Challenges make life worth it!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:22 am

Good luck mate!!
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks for your inputs folks.

As I posted earlier I decided to take the high road, and waited for the latest bank statement, which arrived today.

Will be sending my app with RM SD tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again guys!

rasinrdj

cover letter

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi,
Good luck for your application. Your post for document checklist is very useful.

Can it be possible for you to post your cover letter and method of payment in this thread. This would be like a complete review for someone making the application. After which if moderators want this thread can be made sticky, senior members what do you think?

I'll be sending my application in next week.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi rasinrdj,

Pardon the late response. I was travelling for a day and totally missed out this request from you.

My cover letter was a combination of the cover letters posted on the forum by various people. I also added a lot of content on my own. The whole letter is around 5 pages in MSWord, so would be tough put down here.

I will go ahead and post an abridged copy here in a few days.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: cover letter

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:41 pm

rasinrdj wrote:Hi,
Good luck for your application. Your post for document checklist is very useful.

Can it be possible for you to post your cover letter and method of payment in this thread. This would be like a complete review for someone making the application. After which if moderators want this thread can be made sticky, senior members what do you think?

I'll be sending my application in next week.

Regards
Sample cover letters for Tier 1 have already been posted here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24717 . You can modify these according to your situations. Situations vary person to person. You cannot use one letter for every person.