ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCj and PSW visa from India. urgent help required??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dgill
Newly Registered

CCj and PSW visa from India. urgent help required??

Post by dgill » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 am

Hi all,
I am going to apply for my PSW visa from India in 2 weeks time. I got a CCJ(county court judgement) for not paying water bills on time last year. I have paid everything for that CCJ and i never been to court. My question is:-

Do i need to declare CCJ in vaf9 form for PSW visa as it only requires criminal convictions to be declared?

This is what they have in vaf9 application form:-

Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)?

As far as i know CCJ's are not criminal convictions at all. So that means i shouldnot declare CCJ as there is no option in vaf9 application form to declare CCJ or civil judgements.

My second query is about:-
Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

I was refused for U.S visa in 2006, which i had applied from London U.S. embassy. i applied it as a student in U.K. The reason for refusal they gave to me is that i didnt have strong ties in U.K. as a student, so i should apply it from India. And other thing is that I dont have reference number for this refusal, which i need to fill in the form. so , is it okey without u.s refusal reference number?

Do i need to declare this and will it affect my application for PSW?

Please help me regarding these issues. Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.
Thanx and regards.

Gururaj

Re: CCj and PSW visa from India. urgent help required??

Post by Gururaj » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am

dgill wrote:Hi all,
I am going to apply for my PSW visa from India in 2 weeks time. I got a CCJ(county court judgement) for not paying water bills on time last year. I have paid everything for that CCJ and i never been to court. My question is:-

Do i need to declare CCJ in vaf9 form for PSW visa as it only requires criminal convictions to be declared?

This is what they have in vaf9 application form:-

Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)?

As far as i know CCJ's are not criminal convictions at all. So that means i shouldnot declare CCJ as there is no option in vaf9 application form to declare CCJ or civil judgements.

My second query is about:-
Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

I was refused for U.S visa in 2006, which i had applied from London U.S. embassy. i applied it as a student in U.K. The reason for refusal they gave to me is that i didnt have strong ties in U.K. as a student, so i should apply it from India. And other thing is that I dont have reference number for this refusal, which i need to fill in the form. so , is it okey without u.s refusal reference number?

Do i need to declare this and will it affect my application for PSW?

Please help me regarding these issues. Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.
Thanx and regards.
Hi,
The CCJ for your water bill doesn't seem to be a major thing that needs to be declared. However i suggest you to the local consulate andexplain them the same and they would tell you if that needs to be declared or not.

With regards to your earlier visa refusal, I strongly advise you to declare it. You could quote the reasons as well. Not declaring it would lead to further complications at a later stage. Without reference number it is still fine and do mention the dates and let them know that you do not have the ref number.

I dont think any of the above 2 would would effect your application negatively.
Good luck with your application
Cheers
Guru