ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent form Section J .... Confusion!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stud
Newly Registered

Dependent form Section J .... Confusion!

Post by Stud » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 am

Section J: Maintenance funds section

I really confused on which question to fill and which once to skip. Its a important section. I cann't afford to miss.

I am applying for Tier 1(G) extension before my valid HSMP expires on 1st Janurary 2010.

Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.
I am not sure if I need to answer this

J5. For how many calendar months will the dependant accompany the main applicant during their course of study in the UK?
months
J6. The main applicant’s primary site of study is:
In inner London
Outer London or anywhere else in the United Kingdom

J7. Please tick to confirm access to £533 for each calendar month the dependant intends to accompany the main applicant, up a maximum of 9 months. This amount is .......?

J8. Please tick to confirm that the dependant has access to sufficient funds to cover this amount

J11. Does the main applicant receive support from an official financial sponsor or Government sponsor that covers the dependant as well?

J12. Does the financial sponsor meet the UK Border Agency definition of an official financial sponsor?

J13. A letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from the Government of official financial sponsor

Please help. I am really confused in this section

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent form Section J .... Confusion!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 am

Stud wrote:Section J: Maintenance funds section

I really confused on which question to fill and which once to skip. Its a important section. I cann't afford to miss.

I am applying for Tier 1(G) extension before my valid HSMP expires on 1st Janurary 2010.

Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.
I am not sure if I need to answer this

J5. For how many calendar months will the dependant accompany the main applicant during their course of study in the UK?
months
J6. The main applicant’s primary site of study is:
In inner London
Outer London or anywhere else in the United Kingdom

J7. Please tick to confirm access to £533 for each calendar month the dependant intends to accompany the main applicant, up a maximum of 9 months. This amount is .......?

J8. Please tick to confirm that the dependant has access to sufficient funds to cover this amount

J11. Does the main applicant receive support from an official financial sponsor or Government sponsor that covers the dependant as well?

J12. Does the financial sponsor meet the UK Border Agency definition of an official financial sponsor?

J13. A letter to confirm the financial sponsorship from the Government of official financial sponsor

Please help. I am really confused in this section
Fill Question J3 and move to section K..

Those questions from J5 are for Tier4 applicants...

Stud
Newly Registered

Post by Stud » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Thank you for the clarification. appreciate your quick response. Just to confirm do I skip J17 as well.

J17. Please tick to confirm the documents submitted as supporting evidence that the dependant have access to the required amount of money for maintenance and funds.

Personal bank or building society statements

Building society pass-book

etter from a bank or building society confirming funds

etter from a regulated financial institution confirming funds

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Also, for the photographs for dependant, the main applicant form says to attach both the main applicant and dependant photos in the same envelope with the main applicant form. However, the dependant application asks the dependant to attach the photos to the form as well, and question B1 is:

The applicant has enclosed the required photographs:

Now if I do not check the above checkbox the case-worker might think I have not attached the dependant photos and return the form. On the other hand if I check it I have to attach the dependant photos to the dependant form instead, and the instruction in the main applicant form does not get followed.

Its kind of a catch-22 situation, any suggestions?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Stud wrote:Thank you for the clarification. appreciate your quick response. Just to confirm do I skip J17 as well.

J17. Please tick to confirm the documents submitted as supporting evidence that the dependant have access to the required amount of money for maintenance and funds.

Personal bank or building society statements
-
Building society pass-book

etter from a bank or building society confirming funds

etter from a regulated financial institution confirming funds
In J3 if you TICK

Personal bank or building society statements covering a 3 month period

then you shouuld choose... the red bold above because, you will submit Bankstatements for 3months as Maintenance fudns evidence..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 pm

hsmphsmpIndia wrote:Also, for the photographs for dependant, the main applicant form says to attach both the main applicant and dependant photos in the same envelope with the main applicant form. However, the dependant application asks the dependant to attach the photos to the form as well, and question B1 is:

The applicant has enclosed the required photographs:

Now if I do not check the above checkbox the case-worker might think I have not attached the dependant photos and return the form. On the other hand if I check it I have to attach the dependant photos to the dependant form instead, and the instruction in the main applicant form does not get followed.

Its kind of a catch-22 situation, any suggestions?
If you are applying for your dependents along with the Main Applicant.. then few things can be common between Main applicant and the dependent like:

1. Fees paid together (Creditcard used same..)
2. Bankstatements DOCUMENTS for maintnence funds can be same
3. Single cover letter can be used..
4. So ALSO you can attach the photos in the same envelope..

And the caseworker understands this..

just if you want to be sure do mention that in the cover letter

hope this clears ur query

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks Ramesh. I think I will go with mentioning it in the cover letter, it makes perfect sense.

Regards