ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rule temporarily out

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andie
Newly Registered

28 days rule temporarily out

Post by andie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I have just been into my university to renew my visa and been told that the 28 days rule (funds) have been waived until further notice. Which means there is no deadline of the 1st of Ocotber anymore.

Now, if you read my previous post I was having problems in gettting £1400 to complete my funds and this is what I explained to her. I was stressed because I only had until today and then she explained to me I have enough time to get paid and I do not need to worry because the 28 days rule has been waived but they haven't said anything else - so we don't know when it will come in place again - it could be next week, who knows.

I cannot find anything in the internet that backs this up but I do trust the Internation Student Office of the University of London so this is for you to judge or to contact your student office - this has just happened between yesterday and today.

I thought to let people know because I know how stressful this is, specially if you are like me missing just a few hundred pounds and all you have to do is wait until tomorrow to get paid in order to have the money they ask.

All the best to everyone.

paradox77
Newly Registered

Post by paradox77 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm

very very very stressful indeed.
thanks for the post and fingers crossed lets hope it is ruled out for a few weeks !

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 pm

great news, hope this rule will be out till next year intake

rahulkhanna
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by rahulkhanna » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:41 pm

I hope this will not be imposed till Feb10 .)

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: 28 days rule temporarily out

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

andie wrote:Hi All,

I have just been into my university to renew my visa and been told that the 28 days rule (funds) have been waived until further notice. Which means there is no deadline of the 1st of Ocotber anymore.

Now, if you read my previous post I was having problems in gettting £1400 to complete my funds and this is what I explained to her. I was stressed because I only had until today and then she explained to me I have enough time to get paid and I do not need to worry because the 28 days rule has been waived but they haven't said anything else - so we don't know when it will come in place again - it could be next week, who knows.

I cannot find anything in the internet that backs this up but I do trust the Internation Student Office of the University of London so this is for you to judge or to contact your student office - this has just happened between yesterday and today.

I thought to let people know because I know how stressful this is, specially if you are like me missing just a few hundred pounds and all you have to do is wait until tomorrow to get paid in order to have the money they ask.

All the best to everyone.
Yes but not confirmed yet.

So we should wait for home office statment in few days.Then it would be confirmed.

UK_Banned_Member

paradox77
Newly Registered

Post by paradox77 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:32 pm

just saw one of those immigration prog's on TV and they've confirmed the 28 days rule, so i guess it still applies it hasnt been ruled out !

:? :(

rahulkhanna
Newly Registered

Good News !

Post by rahulkhanna » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 am

Good NEWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Extending the maintenance concession for Tier 4 applicants who are already in the United Kingdom

Tier 4 applicants need to have enough money to cover their course fees and maintenance. They must normally show that they have held this money for a 28-day period ending no more than one month before their application, but until now we have operated a concession allowing them to show only that have the required funds in place on the date when they apply. This concession ends on 1 October 2009.

However, we recognise that many students already in the United Kingdom will not have needed to show this money before, so we have decided to allow a longer transitional period for all Tier 4 applications made within the United Kingdom.

Would-be students who make a Tier 4 application from inside the United Kingdom before February 2010 will only need to show that they have the money needed on the day when they apply. They must still provide the correct documents to support their application.

From 1 October 2009, would-be students applying from outside the United Kingdom must show that they have held the required money for a 28-day period ending no more than one month before the date of their application.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:37 am

can u post a link where it says 28 days deadline over ruled.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: 28 days rule temporarily out

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

PLEASE DONOT trust International Student Office as they can just provide information but Incase of rejection ISO wont be able to do anything. so do keep updated from UKVISA site for authentic information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dost halepoto

New changes Tier-4

Post by dost halepoto » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am

Dear,
Please could you explain rule-2 of new changes.
Thank you

rahulkhanna
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by rahulkhanna » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:09 pm

andie
Newly Registered

Phew!

Post by andie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Phew! Good to know I was told the right information - For me it was a gamble to believe this or not as at that moment there was no announcement.

I guess we can all breathe for a little longer :D