ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jamaican applying for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesignChick
BANNED

Jamaican applying for Spouse Visa

Post by DesignChick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Can I get some advise from the Jamaicans out there who have received spouse visas.

I'll be applying in a few months and would love to get some advise based on experiences with Kingston BHC.

I'm in Jamaica (Jamaican & US citizenship), no overstay (in UK) or convictions :), we've been married 7 years, 2 children, lived together in JA. He's now in UK, working and I will apply in Feb.

Thanks.

Jammydogger
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Jammydogger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 am

Hiya,

I'm about to apply for mine but i'm in the UK though. But I know personally of a few people who have applied from there and it wasn't a problem. Recently someone I know who overstayed here for 10yrs got married her after they turned down her application for ILR. She went home and applied and got her visa. The whole process for her took about 2/3 wks.

But shouldn't you apply for ILR since you've been married for 7yrs, from what I can see on here there's the 4yr rule thing about aoverseas spouse's.

And from personal experience from BHC Kingston if they bother to invite you for an interview make every single thing plain and right infront of their faces. Sometimes they have a tendency not to see what is obvious unless you point it out.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for responding. From what I 've been told I can't apply for an ILR here in JA, once I have the spouse visa and am in the UK I can take the Life in UK test and then apply for the ILR.

My case is very straight forward so I hope all goes well. I also read recently that interviews are no longer the norm, but the extreme exception. I think this is a very recent policy change, like in the last few weeks.
So what you're saying dictates that I have to make my supporting documents very clear and organized.

How long have you been in the UK?

Jammydogger
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Jammydogger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm

i've been here for 18mths.

Just make sure your docs are well organised, and keep copies of everything. What I did before was to put a cover letter with my application listing the enclosed documents. You have to use DHL don't you to send, if that's still the procedure?

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 pm

No the application is done and paid for on line, an appointment is given and everything else is carried in to World Bridge on Trafalgar Rd.