ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA divorce update

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irakra

EEA divorce update

Post by irakra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Update regarding retention of rights after divorce with EEA spouse:

Just spoke to home office call center, told them I divorced, informed HO of my divorce 5 months ago, still no reply, I was going to send all my documents to prove that marriage lasted for over 3 years, I am in employment and ex was exsercising Treaty Rights for at least one year The guy on the other end of the phone told me that there's no need to wait, HO will not reply, I retain my rights and I would need to apply for PR after my current residence card expires. I asked him if that is 100% correct, and he said that it is in his instructions, I asked him then what if I wanted to get married again, and he said I would need to apply for certificate of approval and no problem at all.

this is what he told me. Basically I can enjoy my life in this country till my current RC expires in 3 years.

Please share your views.

jude

Re: EEA divorce update

Post by jude » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Sorry but the is not right , HO would write you when the time come , I think 5 months is really 2 much coz most people I know last for 3 months .
sent them e-mail again and do not call HO london but liverpool . I believe ur letter sould be in the post now.
hallo

irakra

Post by irakra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't know if they will reply or not, and if you call HO you don't know where your call is redirected, could be India. You dial either general enquiry line, or the line for European enquiries. In both centers they told me the same. Maybe they have changed the law by now.

Anyway, if they write to me I will respond, but I will not wait for another year.

regards