ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some unusual queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Some unusual queries

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Forum,

Some queries which come to mind. I have searched the forum but did not find any clear answer for these:

1) Is it alright to only send the relevant parts of the Tier1 form, for example skipping the initial information pages (2-9) and the sections irrelevant for my application like Section 3A, 3B (pages 31-46) and the help at the end of the form (pages 67-70). I have a feeling this would only make things clearer and less cumbersome for the case worker. Any one who has done something like this and got away with it, please air your views.

2) Is it alright to punch holes into the form and send it in a file format so that evidence can be provided in a more orderly manner?

3) Whats the default mode of postage used by the HO to send the passports and other documentation back to us, is it trackable and how does it compare timewise to the Special delivery service offered by Royal Mail?

4) Very trivial, it is OK to duct tape the passport to one of middle sheets of the file to avoid it being misplaced in transit.

Some of the above might sound fussy, but one cannot be enough careful when dealing with the UK BA, hence this post.

Inputs welcome.

Cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Some unusual queries

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 am

hsmphsmpIndia wrote:Hi Forum,

Some queries which come to mind. I have searched the forum but did not find any clear answer for these:

1) Is it alright to only send the relevant parts of the Tier1 form, for example skipping the initial information pages (2-9) and the sections irrelevant for my application like Section 3A, 3B (pages 31-46) and the help at the end of the form (pages 67-70). I have a feeling this would only make things clearer and less cumbersome for the case worker. Any one who has done something like this and got away with it, please air your views.
Though few consultancies do that but if you are applying by urselves n if u r new.. best advice is send it as a whole.. it may cost few pounds in grams but buy u peace of mind
2) Is it alright to punch holes into the form and send it in a file format so that evidence can be provided in a more orderly manner?
Not adviced-better use coverfiles/sheets with holes
3) Whats the default mode of postage used by the HO to send the passports and other documentation back to us, is it trackable and how does it compare timewise to the Special delivery service offered by Royal Mail?
HO Sends in Royal Main Recorded Delivery and RM SD reaches atleast 2days before the RD.. i think both are tracable..
4) Very trivial, it is OK to duct tape the passport to one of middle sheets of the file to avoid it being misplaced in transit.
You can do that as long as you dont cover or tamper or tear the pages in the passport..
Some of the above might sound fussy, but one cannot be enough careful when dealing with the UK BA, hence this post.

He is who asks is smarter than he who thinks he knows all.. :D i asked, chetan asked, everybody asked.. dont worry..