ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CA from India - English Language Help sought

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishal_t
Newly Registered

CA from India - English Language Help sought

Post by vishal_t » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:05 pm

Dear HAMP/ Tier 1 gurus,

I am a Chartered Accountant from India and have applied for a comparability of degree from NARIC. As others have indicated, I expect the result to classify it equivalent to a UK Master's Degree.

Now my concern is that could I use the same NARIC certificate to validate that the degree was taught in English or do I need to get that letter from the institute (ICAI). (Fresh Tier 1 Out of country application).

OR Do i need to get the letter from the university where I did my bachelor's (Which is quite difficult for me to get) ?

OR Do i need to give IELTS ?

Any CA's with such experiences, please help.

Many Thanks
V

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: CA from India - English Language Help sought

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:23 pm

vishal_t wrote:Dear HAMP/ Tier 1 gurus,

I am a Chartered Accountant from India and have applied for a comparability of degree from NARIC. As others have indicated, I expect the result to classify it equivalent to a UK Master's Degree.

Now my concern is that could I use the same NARIC certificate to validate that the degree was taught in English or do I need to get that letter from the institute (ICAI). (Fresh Tier 1 Out of country application).
No, NARIC certification is only a comparability exercise.
OR Do i need to get the letter from the university where I did my bachelor's (Which is quite difficult for me to get) ?
Yes, this is an option
Yes, this is an option

Many Thanks
V
Regards,
crowbar6

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Please check this link
vishal_t wrote:Dear HAMP/ Tier 1 gurus,

Many Thanks
V

vishal_t
Newly Registered

Post by vishal_t » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks for pointing me to the other link which has raised a similar issue.
Trying to keep it simple and in the process found the following link:

I'm just wondering if anyone knows about the English Language Assessment Service which is now being offered by NARIC
http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=210

Wondering if NARIC is able to certify that the degree was taught in english and meets reqd. language proficiency just based on my transcripts which have subjects related to finance and accounting....I do have a letter to support that the degree was taught in english from the institute which I could send to NARIC but wondering if it is worth a risk for 50 quids. Asking for English assessment service from NARIC - has anyone had their degree passed by them for this english service ? any advise / help please.