ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

include photocopies?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quaiquai
Newly Registered

include photocopies?

Post by quaiquai » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

I've heard several people mention having photocopies of all original documents... are we supposed to include photocopies of every supporting document or do the caseworkers make the copies? It doesn't seem to say anything in the instructions about including originals and copies.

anyone? thanks :)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: include photocopies?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 pm

quaiquai wrote:I've heard several people mention having photocopies of all original documents... are we supposed to include photocopies of every supporting document or do the caseworkers make the copies? It doesn't seem to say anything in the instructions about including originals and copies.

Dont know where you read.. but NO photocopies are not required to be sent.. Not even extra docs other than those asked for or mandatory shd be attached..

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

NO
quaiquai wrote:I've heard several people mention having photocopies of all original documents... are we supposed to include photocopies of every supporting document or do the caseworkers make the copies? It doesn't seem to say anything in the instructions about including originals and copies.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 pm

At the time of my application (outside UK), immigration officer asked me to give photocopies of all. Fortunately I had taken with me one set of photocopies of all originals which I gave her, still one set I kept in home. So, YES, I think it is better to arrange your application with photocopies, like one original document followed by photocopy, then the next original and its photocopy and so on. If they need it, it would be okay, if they do not need, you have nothing to loose. (She did not ask for the photocopy of filled application form, but for my record I have kept one with me :D ).
nksg wrote:NO

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:21 pm

No. You don't have to. Don't send anything extra which is not asked for.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 am

for applications made inside uk, you dont need photocopies, for applications made outside UK, every VAC (visa application centre for UK) is different and in almost all cases outside UK you'll need photocopies. make one set for you and one for embassy