ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criminal convictions and psw .advice please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetmeat
Newly Registered

criminal convictions and psw .advice please

Post by sweetmeat » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,
i wanted to know wat kind of information should b entered in the criminal conviction section on the psw form.

can anyone tell me if any of these should be mentioned wen fillin out the form?
1.parking tickets
2.ticket for driving thru red lights(coz the court sends a letter for this offense)
3. points on driving licence.

if anyone can advise pls.urgent!

ash786
BANNED

Re: criminal convictions and psw .advice please

Post by ash786 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 pm

sweetmeat wrote:Hi everyone,
i wanted to know wat kind of information should b entered in the criminal conviction section on the psw form.

can anyone tell me if any of these should be mentioned wen fillin out the form?
1.parking tickets
2.ticket for driving thru red lights(coz the court sends a letter for this offense)
3. points on driving licence.

if anyone can advise pls.urgent!
1. The parking tickets does not need to be disclosed (unless u did not pay the fine and the court order was issued against you).
2. The 2 and 3 point needs to be disclosed as a court order was issued and points on the licence is a traffic offence.

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asifkhan78 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:03 pm

but none of them are criminal convictions..they are traffic offences

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:01 am

asifkhan78 wrote:but none of them are criminal convictions..they are traffic offences
1. If u read the PSW form and the related section (The question E1), it clearly explains that (including traffic offences).
2. Do not take a chance of not disclosing as if they check it u application will be refused without any doubts and will be seen under deception category and a ban for future applications plus no right of appeal.

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 pm

ash786 wrote:
asifkhan78 wrote:but none of them are criminal convictions..they are traffic offences
1. If u read the PSW form and the related section (The question E1), it clearly explains that (including traffic offences).
2. Do not take a chance of not disclosing as if they check it u application will be refused without any doubts and will be seen under deception category and a ban for future applications plus no right of appeal.
I agree with Ash. No matter how minor the offence is it is much better to disclose it in the application rather than not. It is for the HO to decide to consider it against your application or not.
In your case it wouldnt make lot of impact but it is always good to let them know.
Regards
Guru

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asifkhan78 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 pm

hi everyone

one of my freind didnt mention it.......he got psw
he had speeding offence and three points on his licence plus one accident which was his fault.
would u call it lucky escape?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 pm

asifkhan78 wrote:hi everyone

one of my freind didnt mention it.......he got psw
he had speeding offence and three points on his licence plus one accident which was his fault.
would u call it lucky escape?
1. Yes def a lucky escape as it looks like that caseworker did not check his records.
2. Do not forget that if he applies for next extension and that caseworker checks his details then the application will be refused under deception.
3. So it might be a luck escape this time but might not be next time.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 am

You must mention these offenses in the application form.

Everyone is not so lucky...and don’t try to test your luck with immigration matters. Always stick to the rule.

Good Luck!!