ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience at the Immigration/Customs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Experience at the Immigration/Customs

Post by adhirajp.21 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

I will be flying to London on a Tier 1 (General) Visa.

I would like get some suggestions about what are the possible things I should keep handy apart from my salary slips, bank A/C statements and medical reports (including chest X-ray).

Also what are the possible things that I might be asked, given that this is the first time I am arriving in the UK?

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Experience at the Immigration/Customs

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:54 pm

adhirajp.21 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I will be flying to London on a Tier 1 (General) Visa.

I would like get some suggestions about what are the possible things I should keep handy apart from my salary slips, bank A/C statements and medical reports (including chest X-ray).

Also what are the possible things that I might be asked, given that this is the first time I am arriving in the UK?
The medical reports are probably the most likely item you will be asked for. Other than that you can carry your application pack if you want, but the approval letter alone should be enough.

It is highly unlikely that the Immigration Officer will actually ask to see any documents unless he suspects of you of any mischief. They usually just ask questions about what type of work will you be doing in the UK and where you will be initially living. Nothing scary but it can be an intimidating experience, so remember to stay calm and answer confidently.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Post by adhirajp.21 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Approval letter?

You mean the visa stamped on the passport, right? I did not get any approval letter...

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 pm

adhirajp.21 wrote:Approval letter?

You mean the visa stamped on the passport, right? I did not get any approval letter...
Did you not receive a letter which explains the caseworkers decision to award you the points you claimed?

It may be the case that you have not, I was just saying that as I received it along with my extension from within the UK.

If you haven't received one then don't worry. As I said in the previous post, unless they suspect you of any mischief they wont ask you for any documents anyway.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 pm

these days there is a seprate queue for first time students and dependents and they do initial check while you are in the queue, they may ask you where you intend to live and what type of work you'll do...as said above just stay calm. no worries at all