ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[HELP PLEASE!] 10 Years ILF (SET O) Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emaxuk123
Newly Registered

[HELP PLEASE!] 10 Years ILF (SET O) Application

Post by emaxuk123 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:47 am

hello all,

have been reading this forum for a while, finding some of great infos. wondering if anyone could help me out here please :)

Im about to apply for ILR under 10 years lawful residency status. but i had a visa rejection history, my detail:

entered the uk on October 1999 on student visa

Oct 1999-Oct 2006: student visa (no visa gap)

nov 2006-sep 2008: work permit

sept 2008 (tried to apply for HSMP but rejected due to miscounted funding by HO and wasn't allow to appeal due to my visa not expiring for another few months)

so, Oct 2008 (I decided to pursue a pre-mba course instead of work, switched my work permit to student visa), thus

oct 2008-present: student visa

overview, i had 10 years continous lawful stay in the uk, absence from the uk only 150 days, no visa gaps, but had that one single visa rejection history. so am I ok for ILF (with that history)???

i just can't seem to find any related infor on the home office website.

anyone any ideas would be much much much appreciated.
:D :D (p.s. any specific supporting documents i need to supply, such as employers letter ??)

many thanks

vinny

Re: [HELP PLEASE!] 10 Years ILF (SET O) Application

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am

The rejection shouldn't matter as they didn't curtail your leave.
Appeals wrote:You will not have a right of appeal if:

* you still have permission to stay in the United Kingdom despite our decision to refuse your application; or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

emaxuk123
Newly Registered

Re: [HELP PLEASE!] 10 Years ILF (SET O) Application

Post by emaxuk123 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 pm

vinny wrote:The rejection shouldn't matter as they didn't curtail your leave.
Appeals wrote:You will not have a right of appeal if:

* you still have permission to stay in the United Kingdom despite our decision to refuse your application; or

Thank you very much vinny :D :D much appreciated.

do you know where i can find information regarding to supporting documents i need to take with me ?

paperwork

justification

Post by paperwork » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:53 am

Be honest in your justification when they ask you in columns.
* if u ever rejected stay in UK or visa etc.

that will sort it out.

Good luck
Cheers!