ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

part time study in UK on tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukdest

part time study in UK on tier 1

Post by ukdest » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:44 pm

I am planning to do a part-time MS in the UK. The fee seems to be different for UK/EU residents and international students. Which category does tier 1 residents belong?

I have a bachelors degree from India and been in this country on tier 1 for 6 months.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: part time study in UK on tier 1

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:48 pm

ukdest wrote:I am planning to do a part-time MS in the UK. The fee seems to be different for UK/EU residents and international students. Which category does tier 1 residents belong?

I have a bachelors degree from India and been in this country on tier 1 for 6 months.
You should check with the University regarding their use of the word residents, however most of them consider a resident only if you have ILR.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: part time study in UK on tier 1

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm

ukdest wrote:I am planning to do a part-time MS in the UK. The fee seems to be different for UK/EU residents and international students. Which category does tier 1 residents belong?

International Students. You are considered for UK/EU fees only when you complete 3 years in UK.