ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student tuition for spouse of EU citizen

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danielragona
Newly Registered

Student tuition for spouse of EU citizen

Post by danielragona » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Hello All,

I am an Italian citizen married to an USA citizen. We were living in Houston, Texas but my wife decided to go for a postgraduate degree in London. The University of London is charging her tuition as a non-EU student. The question is: Does my wife has the right to pay EU student tuition since she is married to an EU citizen?. I read that the wife of EU citizens have the same right as an EU citizens with the exception of the right to vote. Could you clarifiy what are her right in the UK.

thanks a lot

Daniel Ragona

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

She's not an EU resident and as such has to pay international fees.

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 pm

I am in a similar situation. I am a spouse of Eu citizen but we are residing in Ireland. Got admitted to University of Westminster for a Masters degree prog. that started on Oct 5th 2009 and was asked to pay EU fees

My issue is that i have a 2 yrs Visitors Visa that covers the study period but i was told by an immigration officer at Gatwick that i need a student visa as i can't study on a Visitors Visa

Can somebody on Student Visa pay EU fees? my fear is that i might be asked to pay International fees by the Uni if i request for Visa letter.

please advise