ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to the office for a same day application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myegin11

Going to the office for a same day application

Post by myegin11 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi guys

I am going to apply for an extention of visa under Tier 1 (General - Highly Skilled). Because of the maintenance requirement I need to wait until I am eligible (which is in couple of days) and my visa expires in the middle of next week.

For the sake of being on the safe side, I looked for an OISC registered agency and found one who said he can arrange a same-day appointment three days before my visa expires. Then I asked if I could go to the appointment with him as I am a bit paranoid about my documents being lost.

He replied with saying that the Home Office does not allow applicants to accompany representatives to the office on the day of the application and that they are quite specific about this.

Actually, I did not mean to go into the room with the caseworker but maybe waiting outside (even outside the building). The negative response from the agency made me a bit concerned.

Is this the normal practice? If I request, should they give a confirmation of receipt for the documents I give them?

Thanks

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 pm

yes that is normal, you do not need to be worried but to be on the safe side you can ask for the receipt of your documents

btw how much you are paying for the same day service?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Going to the office for a same day application

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 pm

myegin11 wrote:Hi guys

I am going to apply for an extention of visa under Tier 1 (General - Highly Skilled). Because of the maintenance requirement I need to wait until I am eligible (which is in couple of days) and my visa expires in the middle of next week.

For the sake of being on the safe side, I looked for an OISC registered agency and found one who said he can arrange a same-day appointment three days before my visa expires. Then I asked if I could go to the appointment with him as I am a bit paranoid about my documents being lost.

He replied with saying that the Home Office does not allow applicants to accompany representatives to the office on the day of the application and that they are quite specific about this.

Actually, I did not mean to go into the room with the caseworker but maybe waiting outside (even outside the building). The negative response from the agency made me a bit concerned.

Is this the normal practice? If I request, should they give a confirmation of receipt for the documents I give them?

Thanks
Normally, if you are going through representative than you don't need to go to visa office with your representatives. Your agency will take care of it. Just make sure you submit all correct document and avoid Named OISC advisors(as they have robbed many people in this forum).