ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smadupu
Newly Registered

Payment Rejected

Post by smadupu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

Recently I applied for Tier-1 extension, and given my Credit Card details for payment, my payment got declined on 30th September 2009.
I called Home Office for requesting them to try the payment again after confirming from my Bank, but the Home Office people said the application is with the Payments Team, we don't know whether they re-try or not, we can't say anything

till now (05th October 2009) I didn't receive my documents back also, and they didn't retried to take the payment

can you please let me know what will be the scenario of my case?

if they return my application with in how many days they will return my application

Thanks

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:07 pm

hi Smadupu,

I have been quite concerned about the payment bit for sometime now. I have a couple of questions on your case:

1) Which credit card did you pay by? I mean which bank?
2) Did you try to inform the bank beforehand?
3) Did you attach a self addressed special delivery envelope?

From my exchanges on the forum, I reckon you will have to send a fresh application now. However, if you get your documents back soon, you might not have to attach any new pay-slips or bank-statements. Maybe this time go with a banker's draft/postal order or cheque?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

smadupu
Newly Registered

Post by smadupu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi InUkOnHsmp,

Actually I don't have enough funds in my account.

I spoke to my Bank and confirmed that I can use my card on Monday, but monday money is not credited to my account, its done on Tuesday

but I posted on Saturday, so Monday morning they try to clear my payment which got failed.

don't worry about the card, I think there shouldn't be any problems, before giving confirm with your Bank.

my doubt is when will I get my documents back, if I get bit early I can reply soon

bani

Post by bani » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 pm

It seems to vary when you will get your documents back (1 week to 1 month) from people's previous experiences. Your application will come back to you invalid so submit a fresh application.

Please submit new payslips and bank statements because it will be treated as a new application. And use a cheque if you can.

This happened to me with my ILR application (credit card payment failed) and I sent the new one with a personal cheque.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm

bani wrote:
I sent the new one with a personal cheque.
How long will take to clear the cheque..?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 pm

bani wrote:

upto 5 Working days

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

If you want the payment to be cleared quickly and do not want the complications with the credit/debit card payments, you can try postal orders. You need to pay the issuing fee but sometimes it is the best option.

smadupu
Newly Registered

Post by smadupu » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Got my documents back on 10th October 2009 (posted on 25th September 2009), have to apply again

bani

Post by bani » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 pm

nm wrote:
bani wrote:
3 days. They received application on a Monday and payment was deducted from my bank on the following Thursday.

It's not that long. I prefer it to postal order because you can check if payment was received. I did not get an acknowledgment letter for my application (might be due to the postal strike) but didn't worry because my payment was deducted.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:16 pm

i paid by credit card, no issues :roll:

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 pm

bani wrote:
nm wrote:
bani wrote:
3 days. They received application on a Monday and payment was deducted from my bank on the following Thursday.

It's not that long. I prefer it to postal order because you can check if payment was received. I did not get an acknowledgment letter for my application (might be due to the postal strike) but didn't worry because my payment was deducted.
Thanks bani

I sent on friday and believe they received on monday. Will wait for few days.

smadupu
Newly Registered

Post by smadupu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Posted again with the Credit card as payment option on 14th October 2009 and payment deducted on 15th October 2009 at around 09:15.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Congrats smadupu. Payment is 25% of the battle won.

Good going and good luck!
Challenges make life worth it!

smadupu
Newly Registered

Post by smadupu » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks InUkOnHsmp