ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR Extension - Missed deadline! Pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

HSMP JR Extension - Missed deadline! Pls help

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:40 pm

I have recently found out about the HSMP Forum Judicial arrangements made by Home Office with regards to HSMP. I have applied for and received my HSMP before 3 April 2006, but I was unable to get enough points for an extension under the new Tier 1 rules, therefore I switched to a Work Permit. I understand that I could have applied to get my HSMP re-instated between July 2008 and July 2009. Unfortunately, as I wasn't aware of this arrangement, I have missed the deadline of 31 July 2009.

I feel it's incredibly unfair that Home Office set a deadline for claiming my rights. I feel in disadvantage for not being notified about this arrangement and for having now lost the opportunity for claiming my rights.

I would like to understand what legal courses of action I can pursue to get my HSMP re-instated under the HSMP Forum Judicial arrangements after 31 July 2009.

Could you please advise what leave advise can be sought and from whom?

Any advise you can provide will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Luci.