ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR Extension - Missed deadline! Need help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

HSMP JR Extension - Missed deadline! Need help!

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm

I have recently found out about the HSMP Forum Judicial arrangements made by Home Office with regards to HSMP. I have applied for and received my HSMP before 3 April 2006, but I was unable to get enough points for an extension under the new Tier 1 rules, therefore I switched to a Work Permit. I understand that I could have applied to get my HSMP re-instated between July 2008 and July 2009. Unfortunately, as I wasn't aware of this arrangement, I have missed the deadline of 31 July 2009.

I feel it's incredibly unfair that Home Office set a deadline for claiming my rights. I feel in disadvantage for not being notified about this arrangement and for having now lost the opportunity for claiming my rights.

I would like to understand what legal courses of action I can pursue to get my HSMP re-instated under the HSMP Forum Judicial arrangements after 31 July 2009.

Could you please advise what leave advise can be sought and from whom?

Any advise you can provide will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Luci.

newbe
Newly Registered

Post by newbe » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:51 am

Same case with me. I came to know about the judgement on 20th of July and then tried to arrange all the documents necessary for the extension but one of the requirement here in Pakistan was to get the TB screening done.I tried to get the appointment but the first available appoint ment was in August 05. I wrote to the local embassy for an early appointment but no reply from them.And I lost an opportunity.

I am still wondering if there could be anybody from the forum to help us in this situation

tluser
Newly Registered

JR Deadline

Post by tluser » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello lbfrancois,

I have only just come across your post and have been frantically searching for someone in the same situation as my husband and I. Have you been able to sort it out. We are trying to get in touch with a lawyer and possibly going forward with a private judicial review. We have contacted some solicitors called Gherson and they have confirmed that they have a few people in the same situation and have written to the home office and awaiting a reply. If you have sorted yours out, please let me know what you did and if you haven't, we can still keep in touch so we work things out together. Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:54 pm

As per these posts, the OP is currently on WP.

regards

tluser
Newly Registered

Post by tluser » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Another question please, is that there is nothing anyone can do anymore if the deadline was missed? If he is now on WP, does that mean, he will let go and have to wait for 5yrs to get permanent residence?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 pm

tluser wrote:Another question please, is that there is nothing anyone can do anymore if the deadline was missed?
Consult a solicitor.

regards

tluser
Newly Registered

Post by tluser » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Ok thank u

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 am

INF21 wrote:Please note the transitional arrangements pertaining to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) Forum Judicial Review (JR) Ruling, are no longer applicable and applicants should now apply for leave to enter under Tier 1.

regards

newbe
Newly Registered

Post by newbe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 am

tluser! please keep us informed on your situation. Could you please forward me the email address of the solicitors you are using.

Thanks

tluser
Newly Registered

Post by tluser » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:55 am

of course, they are called gherson solicitors www.gherson.com and their number is 020 7724 4488. Pls, let me know how it goes. we are waiting to hear from them at the moment.