ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP General Visa - Switching from Dependent to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gtd
Newly Registered

HSMP General Visa - Switching from Dependent to HSMP

Post by gtd » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi,

I have some queries regarding switching from dependent to hsmp visa, please answer.

1) My husband is here in a sponsered work permit. Is it possibe to switch my dependent visa to HSMP by applying from UK?

2) Do I need to leave UK for applying HSMP?

3) Is it possible to show my husband's account balance for gaining points in the funds section?

Kindly help.

Thanks!

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP General Visa - Switching from Dependent to HSMP

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm

gtd wrote:1) My husband is here in a sponsered work permit. Is it possibe to switch my dependent visa to HSMP by applying from UK?

2) Do I need to leave UK for applying HSMP?
Unfortunately dependants cannot switch categories on their own from inside the UK. If you want to apply for Tier 1, you will have to go back to your home country and apply.
gtd wrote:3) Is it possible to show my husband's account balance for gaining points in the funds section?
If you are applying only for yourself then you cannot show your husbands account balance for the funds.

Alternatively, if your husband is eligible for Tier 1 on his own, he can apply and add you as a dependant on Tier 1.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Joint Account is fine?

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 pm

pkumar wrote:Joint Account is fine?
Yes joint account is acceptable. I had part of my salary being deposited into my joint account and I was awarded the points.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 am

Hi, Thanks for your reply. My husband is not eligibile for HSMP, he holds only bachelor degree. So he wants to come to uk as dependent to me.

I resigned my job one month back and came to uk in dependent visa. So if I need to apply for hsmp, i need to do it with in 2 months to get points on salary. Unfortunately I haven't maintained sufficient balance in my account. But my husband account has enough balance.

If I apply for hsmp and my husband as dependent to my hsmp, then also we can't show the balance in his account for gaining points in fund?

We are totally confused. Please advise a better option for us.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 am

gtd wrote:Hi, Thanks for your reply. My husband is not eligibile for HSMP, he holds only bachelor degree. So he wants to come to uk as dependent to me.

I resigned my job one month back and came to uk in dependent visa. So if I need to apply for hsmp, i need to do it with in 2 months to get points on salary. Unfortunately I haven't maintained sufficient balance in my account. But my husband account has enough balance.

If I apply for hsmp and my husband as dependent to my hsmp, then also we can't show the balance in his account for gaining points in fund?

If both of you have enough, you can show your maintenace funds separately for each of you.
Quote from Guidance:
199.The evidence of maintenance must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), loan or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period, are not acceptable.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf page 35 of 44.

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I saw the PDF. I did not understand point number 200 - page 35.

My husband account has enough fund. So if I become a joint account holder to that account, will that be sufficient? In that case, what statements I need to get from the bank? (because past 3 months statements will still be in my husband's name, I can get statement on my name only for the months after I become a Joint account holder).

Please reply.

Thanks!
mvent00 wrote:
gtd wrote:Hi, Thanks for your reply. My husband is not eligibile for HSMP, he holds only bachelor degree. So he wants to come to uk as dependent to me.

If both of you have enough, you can show your maintenace funds separately for each of you.
Quote from Guidance:
199.The evidence of maintenance must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), loan or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period, are not acceptable.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf page 35 of 44.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:02 pm

gtd wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your input. I saw the PDF. I did not understand point number 200 - page 35.

My husband account has enough fund. So if I become a joint account holder to that account, will that be sufficient? In that case, what statements I need to get from the bank? (because past 3 months statements will still be in my husband's name, I can get statement on my name only for the months after I become a Joint account holder).

Please reply.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use that statment only after those three months. It was also possible that your husband should have transferred the required money to your account. If it is not late, he still can transfer to your account, wait for three months period and then apply.