ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT EXPIRES IN CUSTODY OF UKBA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oraake

PASSPORT EXPIRES IN CUSTODY OF UKBA

Post by oraake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 am

hello there!

i need some advice please.......

My passport expired on the 30th of september 2009 and it's presently under consideration for a family residence card (EEA2). Submitted my application since November 2008.

Now i know if my application is granted the residence card would not be put on an expired passport....... i need the original passport in order for it to be re-validated/extended?

what i need to know is........ if i request for my passport from the UKBA in order to revalidate it, once re-validated would i need to start the whole application from scratch?

Please advise

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: PASSPORT EXPIRES IN CUSTODY OF UKBA

Post by Rozen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 am

oraake wrote: what i need to know is........ if i request for my passport from the UKBA in order to revalidate it, once re-validated would i need to start the whole application from scratch?

Please advise
NO, your application will continue in the queue! Once it reaches a caseworker, they will write to you requesting your passport (by then I assume you will have the new one) and probably documents to show that your partner is still exercising their treaty rights at the time.

jyde
Newly Registered

Post by jyde » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 am

Hey, u can request for ur passport to be returned and after that,get it renewed.. When the Home Office require it, they'll ask u to return it.Then u can send the renewed passport.(Accompany it with a short note explaining why u requested for it it the first place)..It's that simple cos i have just done the same and i just got my residence card..All the best