ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approved in 2 weeks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samy007
Newly Registered

Naturalisation approved in 2 weeks

Post by samy007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi,

I just received a letter that application for BC has approved. I thought it will take more than 6 weeks, but it was quick and i'm happy. just want to share with u ppl.

cheers

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Wow! Congratulations on your approval. Please post your timeline on http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1980 as done by others. Your information will be very useful to many people here.

sidster007

Re: Naturalisation approved in 2 weeks

Post by sidster007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:04 pm

samy007 wrote:Hi,

I just received a letter that application for BC has approved. I thought it will take more than 6 weeks, but it was quick and i'm happy. just want to share with u ppl.

cheers
Wow that's amazing !! congrats !

Can you please post some details of your application
- Postal or NCS
- if NCS which council
- Type of application
- Also the timeline

It will be very useful for me as I am applying day after at NCS, Westminster.

Cheers

Sidster

sidster007

Naturalization timeline

Post by sidster007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi Samy 007.

Are the processing timelines for approval of naturalisation the same for all nationalities?

The advice as per the UKBA website is for a wait time of upto 6 months but from what I can see on this thread people are getting their approvals anywhere between 4-8 weeks. Just wondering if people from certain nationalities (Indian) have to wait longer as the checks take longer?

samy007
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization timeline

Post by samy007 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Sid, I'm an Indian national on work permit for the last 5 years. applied my naturalisation through NCS (Stockport) on 14th Sep and got approved by 29th September

sidster007

Re: Naturalization timeline

Post by sidster007 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Samy007 I am very pleased for you and at the same time really impressed with the speed at which your application was processed. I have been going through a number of forums on this website and you're application by far is the quickest to get approved. Any insight into how it happened? what guidance did the NCS give you??

I applied through the NCS at Westminster City Council earlier today and was told to expect anything between 4-8 weeks for the approval..which they said was a good outcome.

Could you please provide a few more details-
1) What date was ur credit card/debit card charged?
2) When did you receive the acknowledgement from the HO of your application?
3) Was 29th September the date you received the approval for naturalization or was it the date that the letter was addressed to you?
5) Did you also receive an ceremony invitation letter along with the approval letter?
6) Have you managed to book a ceremony date yet?

I'm sorry for the long list of questions but there is a reason for this...I am scheduled to travel to India on the 18th of December (bought non refundable ticket a while back) and obviously as you know wouldn't be able to travel on my Indian passport after attending the citizenship ceremony.

Just wondering how long it takes to get the first British passport assuming that I can schedule a private ceremony quickly on getting my approval letter.

Cheers

Sid