ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

R police checks from home country required for ILR/Tier 1?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

delaided
Newly Registered

R police checks from home country required for ILR/Tier 1?

Post by delaided » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Are police checks (aka certificate of no criminal conviction) from home country required when applying for ILR or Tier 1 visas? Do we have to get police checks from our home countries?

Can someone who has successfully applied for ILR or Tier 1 highly skilled migrant visa shed some light please...

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Are you hiding something? :roll:

delaided
Newly Registered

Post by delaided » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 am

Just that I am applying for tier one soon and if the certificate is required, i need to apply months in advance. you should know if you have applied for one before..And also, I have lived recently in a rather "messy" country where such a certificate would be rather hard to get