ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 migration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raviskar

HSMP to Tier1 migration

Post by raviskar » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 am

Hi,

I have had asked some of the questions earlier, but could not arrive at a conclusion.

My HSMP visa expires on March 2010, and we have got a new baby born last month. We are planning a trip to India in Dec. So we would like to apply for early extension (HSMP-Tier1 migration) and visa for my baby

1) Will be there any delay due to early extension or applying 3 applications together (myself and 2 dependents (my wife and my baby))? We have booked our tickets for Dec1st. So I am little worried whether we would be able to receive our passports back by that date (in case if we apply next week).

2) What is the form to be used for visa for my baby. Would it be the Tier1 dependent application form or FLR(O)?

3) Whether the fees for my baby's visa application would be as 50 or 465? I had sent a mail to homeoffice, but did not get any response on this.

4) I had sponsored visitor visa for my mother couple of months back and she is currently staying with us. I had quoted that I will take care of her expenses during her stay here. Would it affect the maintenance funds requirement by any chance? Do I need to show more funds than the normal (850+533+533)?

I had shown 3000 pounds as funds for her visa. I am going to show the same as maintenance fund now. Would this be okay?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Ravi.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Can some senior members please help me on the questions here? It is very urgent, as I am applying next week. I am confused how should I apply for the visa for my baby.

Thanks,
Ravi.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP to Tier1 migration

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:50 pm

raviskar wrote:Hi,

I have had asked some of the questions earlier, but could not arrive at a conclusion.

My HSMP visa expires on March 2010, and we have got a new baby born last month. We are planning a trip to India in Dec. So we would like to apply for early extension (HSMP-Tier1 migration) and visa for my baby

1) Will be there any delay due to early extension or applying 3 applications together (myself and 2 dependents (my wife and my baby))? We have booked our tickets for Dec1st. So I am little worried whether we would be able to receive our passports back by that date (in case if we apply next week). --- the current turn around time is about 20-25 days so I believe you should be fine but again it depends on the case

2) What is the form to be used for visa for my baby. Would it be the Tier1 dependent application form or FLR(O)? -- i believe you would need to apply under dependant section of extension form

3) Whether the fees for my baby's visa application would be as 50 or 465? I had sent a mail to homeoffice, but did not get any response on this.

4) I had sponsored visitor visa for my mother couple of months back and she is currently staying with us. I had quoted that I will take care of her expenses during her stay here. Would it affect the maintenance funds requirement by any chance? Do I need to show more funds than the normal (850+533+533)? --- should be fine

I had shown 3000 pounds as funds for her visa. I am going to show the same as maintenance fund now. Would this be okay? --- your mother is now in UK so you don't have to worry about that. you should be fine with that.
Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Ravi.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:24 am

Many thanks for your response. It really helps.

I have asked the following question in http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 612#298612. But do you have any idea on this?

What should I fill in the section "D. Immigration history" for my baby's visa? What should we answer for questions like

Quote:

D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes - go to question D2 No - go to question D5
D2. Where did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa valid from?
D4. What date is the dependant’s current leave (or permission to stay) valid until?
D5. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.
D12. What is the dependant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?

Thanks,
Ravi.