ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attention to all people who have not yet travelled to the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu0307

Attention to all people who have not yet travelled to the UK

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 am

Here is an e-mail excerpt from my friend....OK read on.. I have purposely kept the name of the HR woman of the company so that people are aware.

Please all of you out there who havent yet resigned from their jobs.. think twice before you actually resign ........I am not recommending not travelling but all you guys need to be 200% sure on your skill sets.

read from below for continuity....

2009/10/6 xxxx<xxxxx@googlemail.com>

Hi Maria,

Please note that an HSMP or a General tier 1 visa is extendable on the basis of availibility of a job at the time of application of extension.

Thanks
xxxxxx

fromMaria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>
toxxxx <xxxxx@googlemail.com>

date6 October 2009 11:12
subjectRE: CV for the role of Technical Consultant
mailed-bycapsoft.co.uk

hide details 6 Oct (1 day ago)

Hi xxxxxxx,

Unfortunately we will not be able to take your application any further as this is a permanent post.

We thank you for your interest in Capsoft UK.

Regards
Maria

fromxxxxx<xxxxxxx@googlemail.com>
toMaria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

date6 October 2009 10:44
subjectRe: CV for the role of Technical Consultant
mailed-bygooglemail.com

Hi Maria,

My Visa expires on xxxxx, 2012(xxxx/2012). I have attached the scanned copies of the documentation to this e-mail for your reference.

Thanks
xxxxxxx

2009/10/6 Maria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

Hi xxxxx,

When does your Highly Skilled Migrant visa expire?

Regards
Maria
-----Original Message-----

Sent: 06 October 2009 10:30
To: Maria Stein
Subject: Re: CV for the role of Technical Consultant

Hi Maria,

I am an Indian by birth.

Thanks
xxxxxx

2009/10/5 Maria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

Hi xxxxx,

What nationality are you by birth?

Regards
Maria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon 05/10/2009 21:31

Hi Maria,

Thank you for getting back. I am on a Highly Skilled Migrant visa (HSMP) and do not need any sponsorship for a Work Permit. I have been school educated in India but have completed my M.Sc in Embedded Systems at Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.

Thanks
xxxxxxx

Hi xxxxxx,

What is your long term status as regards employment in the UK? You seem to have been school educated in India but have studied and worked in the UK.
If you can get back to me I would appreciate.

Regards
Maria

Sent: 05 October 2009 10:21

Hi Maria,

Hope all is well. I was wondering if there has been any progress on the application status for the Technical consultant role. Please let me know at your convenience. I am hopeful given my experience and the requirements for this role. I look forward to hearing from yu.

kind regards
xxxxxxx

2009/9/11 Maria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

Thanks xxxxxx,

I will get back to you.

Regards
Maria

Sent: 11 September 2009 15:50

Hi Maria,

Please find the document saved in .doc format. Let me know if you have problems opening it.

Thanks
xxxxxx

Hi xxxxxx,

I can't open the document. Can you forward in another format?

Regards
Maria
Sent: 11 September 2009 15:23
Subject: CV for the role of Technical Consultant

Dear Maria ,

Thanks for taking time to over the phone this morning. As discussed I am sending you my CV. I have worked nearly five years as a Software Engineer and anTechnical Analyst. I also secured my postgraduate degree(M.Sc) in Embedded Systems(Computer Science) from the Heriot-Watt University. I was looking for roles with similar responsibilities as in my previous role, in the Edinburgh area. Please can you review my CV and let me know if it is suitable. I am available immediately for an interview.

thanks
Samar.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Attention to all people who have not yet travelled to th

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

Yes, it is unlucky for your friend. But this does not imply that it is the end of the story. I mean this is not the only one this kind of company. There must be many more others. Many members of this forum, who are on HSMP and Tier 1 have very stable jobs. I know a few of them personally. I would recommend to your friend to keep trying. Wishing him all the best.
raghu0307 wrote:Here is an e-mail excerpt from my friend....OK read on.. I have purposely kept the name of the HR woman of the company so that people are aware.

Please all of you out there who havent yet resigned from their jobs.. think twice before you actually resign ........I am not recommending not travelling but all you guys need to be 200% sure on your skill sets.

read from below for continuity....

2009/10/6 xxxx<xxxxx@googlemail.com>

Hi Maria,

Please note that an HSMP or a General tier 1 visa is extendable on the basis of availibility of a job at the time of application of extension.

Thanks
xxxxxx

fromMaria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>
toxxxx <xxxxx@googlemail.com>

date6 October 2009 11:12
subjectRE: CV for the role of Technical Consultant
mailed-bycapsoft.co.uk

Hi xxxxxxx,

Unfortunately we will not be able to take your application any further as this is a permanent post.

We thank you for your interest in Capsoft UK.

Regards
Maria

fromxxxxx<xxxxxxx@googlemail.com>
toMaria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

date6 October 2009 10:44
subjectRe: CV for the role of Technical Consultant
mailed-bygooglemail.com

Hi Maria,

My Visa expires on xxxxx, 2012(xxxx/2012). I have attached the scanned copies of the documentation to this e-mail for your reference.

Thanks
xxxxxxx

2009/10/6 Maria Stein <ms@capsoft.co.uk>

Hi xxxxx,

When does your Highly Skilled Migrant visa expire?

Regards
Maria

Sent: 06 October 2009 10:30

Hi Maria,

I am an Indian by birth.

Thanks
xxxxxx

Hi xxxxx,

What nationality are you by birth?

Regards
Maria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon 05/10/2009 21:31

Hi Maria,

Thank you for getting back. I am on a Highly Skilled Migrant visa (HSMP) and do not need any sponsorship for a Work Permit. I have been school educated in India but have completed my M.Sc in Embedded Systems at Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.

Thanks
xxxxxxx

Hi xxxxxx,

What is your long term status as regards employment in the UK? You seem to have been school educated in India but have studied and worked in the UK.
If you can get back to me I would appreciate.

Regards
Maria

Sent: 05 October 2009 10:21

Hi Maria,

Hope all is well. I was wondering if there has been any progress on the application status for the Technical consultant role. Please let me know at your convenience. I am hopeful given my experience and the requirements for this role. I look forward to hearing from yu.

kind regards
xxxxxxx

Thanks xxxxxx,

I will get back to you.

Regards
Maria

Sent: 11 September 2009 15:50

Hi Maria,

Please find the document saved in .doc format. Let me know if you have problems opening it.

Thanks
xxxxxx

Hi xxxxxx,

I can't open the document. Can you forward in another format?

Regards
Maria
Sent: 11 September 2009 15:23
Subject: CV for the role of Technical Consultant

Dear Maria ,

Thanks for taking time to over the phone this morning. As discussed I am sending you my CV. I have worked nearly five years as a Software Engineer and anTechnical Analyst. I also secured my postgraduate degree(M.Sc) in Embedded Systems(Computer Science) from the Heriot-Watt University. I was looking for roles with similar responsibilities as in my previous role, in the Edinburgh area. Please can you review my CV and let me know if it is suitable. I am available immediately for an interview.

thanks
Samar.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:58 am

mvent00 wrote:Yes, it is unlucky for your friend. But this does not imply that it is the end of the story. I mean this is not the only one this kind of company. There must be many more others. Many members of this forum, who are on HSMP and Tier 1 have very stable jobs. I know a few of them personally. I would recommend to your friend to keep trying. Wishing him all the best.
true... This might not be the only company and also people might have stable jobs. That is why I have written, I do not recomment not travelling, but I wish we actually could get some kind of statistics like, say how many people are in stable jobs 6 months after entering UK.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Yes, it is unlucky for your friend. But this does not imply that it is the end of the story. I mean this is not the only one this kind of company. There must be many more others. Many members of this forum, who are on HSMP and Tier 1 have very stable jobs. I know a few of them personally. I would recommend to your friend to keep trying. Wishing him all the best.
true... This might not be the only company and also people might have stable jobs. That is why I have written, I do not recomment not travelling, but I wish we actually could get some kind of statistics like, say how many people are in stable jobs 6 months after entering UK.
Yes, that is correct. But it is same all over the world, not only in UK. :?

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:31 pm

I have seen many such cases. Infact, my wife, who is on dependent HSMP visa was rejected few times stating that they dont consider "Dependents" for the jobs. There are ignorant ppl, but as everyone above has said, it is not the end of world. There are pleanty of other consultants with whom you can try.

Good luck
Vikram

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I've also got same reply from another company . and I'm not on Tier-1 General . I'm on PSW.

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks for your recent interest in the Oracle PL/ SQL Developer Position.

My client is being very specific and demanding in their recruitment. Candidates are only being considered if they meet ALL the following criteria.

Candidates must have commercial development experience in both PL/ SQL and SQL (please ensure both of these are clear on your CV to help us screen).
Candidates must be degree educated.
Candidates must have full and permanent EU working rights (I am afraid those on HSMP working visa’s will not be considered).Candidates must have previously been in permanent not contract employment.

If you meet ALL of the above please let me know so I can review your CV. It would also be helpful if you could send me another copy as a Word.doc attachment.

Many thanks for your help and if this role is not right I hope we can assist you when more suitable positions come in.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:33 pm

There can be any number of reasons for people rejecting applicants from non-EU citizens. Nobody can deny that sometimes beloved/xenophobia is a reason, but you cannot say that it is the only or even the biggest reason.

What happens if the job requires a lot of travelling across Europe to client sites?

A non-EU citizen will have to apply for a Schengen business visa quite regularly.

My firm sends a lot of people to Germany very frequently. Many times they have to go with less than a day's notice. It isn't physically possible to arrange a Schengen visa in such short time.

Like it has been mentioned elsewhere, what happens if the company is working with defence services? Non-EU citizens cannot get security clearance because it is almost impossible to genuinely identify their credentials.

You can keep listing logical non-dearly beloved reasons, but the problem is most people automatically blame beloved and xenophobia as the only reason why foreigners don't get jobs here, and that is just plain stupid.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:11 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:There can be any number of reasons for people rejecting applicants from non-EU citizens. Nobody can deny that sometimes beloved/xenophobia is a reason, but you cannot say that it is the only or even the biggest reason.

What happens if the job requires a lot of travelling across Europe to client sites?

A non-EU citizen will have to apply for a Schengen business visa quite regularly.

My firm sends a lot of people to Germany very frequently. Many times they have to go with less than a day's notice. It isn't physically possible to arrange a Schengen visa in such short time.
cheshireogan.... what are you really... are you into the software industry.. because looking at the absolutely lame comment that you have passed it looks otherwise. If you are, here is a reality check....I am tech consult working for a UK based company dealing with raster image processors and its applications(RIPs). I am on HSMP and I DO NOT HAVE A SCHENGEN VISA. My company applies a country specific visa for me every time I have to travel. The home office policies clearly state of equal opportunities for HSMP holders... that does not mention companies saving money on business visas..If this is an hidden agenda that the home office hasnt disclosed, then it proves the point about the lack of ethics in the home office policies.

The example above is that of an edinburgh based company with its clients in north american and asian sectors... So your EU logic doesnt hold fort...even they will require visas...

No one is actually trying to discourage.. If you care to read my previous posts, you will know... I have mentioned in this post as well, I DO NOT RECOMMEND NOT TRAVELLING...Well not that I really care what you think...but you need to think twice before actually bringing up your acts of naivety and lame accusations
Like it has been mentioned elsewhere, what happens if the company is working with defence services? Non-EU citizens cannot get security clearance because it is almost impossible to genuinely identify their credentials.

You can keep listing logical non-dearly beloved reasons, but the problem is most people automatically blame beloved and xenophobia as the only reason why foreigners don't get jobs here, and that is just plain stupid.
It has also been mentioned 'elsewhere' that most HSMP guys do not bother applying to those jobs as it will be clearly stated SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED. So no one is talking about those jobs.

We are here discussing the jobs that do not require SeC, the jobs which are targeted by HSMP applicants and holders.It is for these jobs that potential candidates are rejected....

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:16 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:I have seen many such cases. Infact, my wife, who is on dependent HSMP visa was rejected few times stating that they dont consider "Dependents" for the jobs. There are ignorant ppl, but as everyone above has said, it is not the end of world. There are pleanty of other consultants with whom you can try.

Good luck
Vikram
Thanks buddy, it isnt my case...not that I have got the job of my choice though

chandu_246

Not end of the road:

Post by chandu_246 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi Job aspirants,

Don't get discouraged by such emails.When the market is bad(Recession), these things become more transparent.I have had many experiences like that.But I never stopped trying.

Before coming to Uk(It could be any country for that sake),try to find or assess the market value of your skills in that country.That's very important in these tough times.U could be project leader in big MNC or even Standford pass out, I can bet u, if ur skill is not in demand in the current times, there is every chance that u don't find a job.It is up to the individual how he does his Home work before coming here.I can tell u one thing, I have done lots of home work(Updating IT skills is very important of them) before coming to Uk and I have seen the returns in a week.

NOTE : Companies r looking for highly skilled guys that too for cheaper prices.Then u know what to expect interms of salary range.

Regards,
Chandra
hsmp_1476 wrote:I have seen many such cases. Infact, my wife, who is on dependent HSMP visa was rejected few times stating that they dont consider "Dependents" for the jobs. There are ignorant ppl, but as everyone above has said, it is not the end of world. There are pleanty of other consultants with whom you can try.

Good luck
Vikram

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:There can be any number of reasons for people rejecting applicants from non-EU citizens. Nobody can deny that sometimes beloved/xenophobia is a reason, but you cannot say that it is the only or even the biggest reason.

cheshireogan.... what are you really... are you into the software industry.. because looking at the absolutely lame comment that you have passed it looks otherwise. If you are, here is a reality check....I am tech consult working for a UK based company dealing with raster image processors and its applications(RIPs). I am on HSMP and I DO NOT HAVE A SCHENGEN VISA. My company applies a country specific visa for me every time I have to travel. The home office policies clearly state of equal opportunities for HSMP holders... that does not mention companies saving money on business visas..If this is an hidden agenda that the home office hasnt disclosed, then it proves the point about the lack of ethics in the home office policies.

The example above is that of an edinburgh based company with its clients in north american and asian sectors... So your EU logic doesnt hold fort...even they will require visas...

No one is actually trying to discourage.. If you care to read my previous posts, you will know... I have mentioned in this post as well, I DO NOT RECOMMEND NOT TRAVELLING...Well not that I really care what you think...but you need to think twice before actually bringing up your acts of naivety and lame accusations

It has also been mentioned 'elsewhere' that most HSMP guys do not bother applying to those jobs as it will be clearly stated SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED. So no one is talking about those jobs.

We are here discussing the jobs that do not require SeC, the jobs which are targeted by HSMP applicants and holders.It is for these jobs that potential candidates are rejected....
I never mentioned that Schengen visas were the reason for your friends job getting rejected.

Secondly, my job or industry here is absolutely irrelevant. Since you happen to regularly apply for Schengen visas, you will know its an annoying process and if you have to travel with less than a day's notice, it becomes very difficult to process.

Regarding the Security Clearance comment, perhaps this company may not be directly or indirectly involved in the defence industry but what if another employer who refused to hire non-Europeans was providing consultancy services to BAE. Why would they hire someone who will not be able to visit a very important client?

My point is that as an automatic self-defence mechanism, most migrants automatically blame beloved/xenophobia when it isn't always the case. There is always an assumption that they have been turned down because the person is dearly beloved.

I won't deny that beloved is sometimes the reason but to imply that it is without knowing the facts is something that many members on this forum resort to.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

I never mentioned that Schengen visas were the reason for your friends job getting rejected.

Secondly, my job or industry here is absolutely irrelevant.
I dont remember mentioning the industry as relevant.. This specific example is from the software domain
Since you happen to regularly apply for Schengen visas, you will know its an annoying process and if you have to travel with less than a day's notice, it becomes very difficult to process.
No, My company doesnt apply for schengen visas for me. I normally have to travel to acton,virginia and japan..but I have friends who are soft engrs who travel to europe. I could get more information on the process if you want.. Those guys are on HSMP.
Regarding the Security Clearance comment, perhaps this company may not be directly or indirectly involved in the defence industry but what if another employer who refused to hire non-Europeans was providing consultancy services to BAE. Why would they hire someone who will not be able to visit a very important client?

It is not those jobs that require SeC that are being discussed but the discrimination for those jobs that dont require them are discussed here.
My point is that as an automatic self-defence mechanism, most migrants automatically blame beloved/xenophobia when it isn't always the case. There is always an assumption that they have been turned down because the person is dearly beloved.
Please care to read my numerous posts before if you are making an accusation.
I won't deny that beloved is sometimes the reason but to imply that it is without knowing the facts is something that many members on this forum resort to.
not me.. I have provided the e-mail excerpt...bottom line is , even if 10% of the guys go through this and get discriminated based on visa, nationality, race et al....it is plain wrong.. I am not against people travelling.. but they need to be 110% sure of their skill sets and the specific domains they are going to target.. Please read my previous posts completely in this thread....

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 pm

raghu0307 wrote:I dont remember mentioning the industry as relevant.. This specific example is from the software domain
You were the one who said that due to a "lame" comment I am not in the software industry. It is irrelevant here.
raghu0307 wrote:No, My company doesnt apply for schengen visas for me. I normally have to travel to acton,virginia and japan..but I have friends who are soft engrs who travel to europe. I could get more information on the process if you want.. Those guys are on HSMP.
I know how to get Schengen visas and I know how to get visas for other countries. My company has applied for Schengen visa for me because my trip was planned one month in advance. However, if they tell me tomorrow that they want to me fly to Germany in the afternoon it will not be possible.

Companies with small workforces will not find it convenient for any of their employees to have such restraints. Not saying it is the case with the Scottish company that rejected your friend, but it is a reason.
raghu0307 wrote:It is not those jobs that require SeC that are being discussed but the discrimination for those jobs that dont require them are discussed here.
Please re-read my point.
raghu0307 wrote:Please care to read my numerous posts before if you are making an accusation.
I have read enough posts on this forum, where Indians and Pakistanis automatically resort to everything as being dearly beloved. You have implied as much in the other thread as well without nothing except a couple of instances of anecdotal evidence.
raghu0307 wrote:not me.. I have provided the e-mail excerpt...bottom line is , even if 10% of the guys go through this and get discriminated based on visa, nationality, race et al....it is plain wrong.. I am not against people travelling.. but they need to be 110% sure of their skill sets and the specific domains they are going to target.. Please read my previous posts completely in this thread....
beloved is wrong, but it is an inherent trait of every human being. It isn't acceptable to be discriminated against because of race but until it can be proven that race/xenophobia is the reason for something, it is equally wrong to imply that it is the reason.

And if you are taking a life-changing decision of migration, you are already 110% sure that you will gain something overseas that you cannot in your homeland. If you didn't you won't decide to migrate.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:53 pm

I have read enough posts on this forum, where Indians and Pakistanis automatically resort to everything as being dearly beloved. You have implied as much in the other thread as well without nothing except a couple of instances of anecdotal evidence.
an evidence is an evidence... if it points towards something unfair, we better accept it... denial is a sign of ignorance and ignorance is unfortunately not bliss in this case...
And if you are taking a life-changing decision of migration, you are already 110% sure that you will gain something overseas that you cannot in your homeland. If you didn't you won't decide to migrate.
the very fact that there are many people without jobs is a pointer towards them being unsure while migrating...I posted something very genuine that I recieved..

You want to migrate or campaign for hsmps and its benifits you can do... This argument isnt heading anywhere useful.. I posted some evidence I had.. To believe or not to believe is left to the many people who see it...
Last edited by raghu0307 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:56 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
an evidence is an evidence... if it points towards something unfair, we better accept it... denial is a sign of ignorance and ignorance is unfortunately not bliss in this case...
Do you know the reason why this company won't accept HSMP/Tier 1?

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:
Since you have asked something, I will tell you I know as much as the e-mail conversation says... My friend as I have heard only had e-mail interactions with the hr and everything is here.... If you read the mail from below you could see some continuity

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:10 am

raghu0307 wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:
Since you have asked something, I will tell you I know as much as the e-mail conversation says... My friend as I have heard only had e-mail interactions with the hr and everything is here.... If you read the mail from below you could see some continuity
I've read the email but it does not seem to highlight any hidden agendas that you were mentioning in the other thread. All you have proven is that some company in Scotland does not find it convenient to hire people on HSMP, can't see anything more sinister behind it.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 am

You have good grounds for case against the employer from the way they have behaved, evethough the reason for refusing you the job is a technical issue.

It is convenient for most senior members and those with stable positions to sympathise with the setteled population and try to see things from their perpective. But the matter of fact doesnt change.

Please check the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... imination/
Avoiding facial discrimination
Employers' responsibilities

This page explains how employers should avoid unlawful discrimination in their recruitment and employment practices while seeking to prevent illegal working, by carrying out the appropriate document checks on all of their employees.

It is important to remember that the United Kingdom population is ethnically diverse. Many people from ethnic minorities in this country are British citizens, and many non-British citizens from black and minority ethnic communities are entitled to work here. Therefore, you must not assume that someone from an ethnic minority is an immigrant, or that someone born abroad is not entitled to work in the United Kingdom.

Employers who refuse to consider anyone who looks or sounds foreign are likely to be unlawfully discriminating on facial grounds. If document checks are carried out only for prospective employees who by their appearance or accent seem not to be British, this too may constitute unlawful facial discrimination. If a tribunal upholds a complaint of facial discrimination, there is no upper limit on the amount of compensation that the employer can be ordered to pay.

Employers have a legal duty under current race relations legislation to avoid unlawful discrimination on facial grounds, and are therefore advised to carry out document checks on every prospective employee. The best way for employers to make sure that they do not discriminate is to treat all job applicants in the same way at each stage of their recruitment process.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:48 am

Just a point for everyone here. For permenant positions EEA residence card holders or migrants from EEA are accepted by most employers yet HSMP Tier 1 holders are refused the same potisions. EVENTHOUGH both of them do need to apply for permenant residence at the eng of five years!

RE the extension issue with HSMP Tier 1, People who have already exteded their visas face the same problem.

My friend wrote all this down and sent it to one of the leading but now nationalized bank and they have changed their recuritment process this year.

anyone in this problem contact Equality and Human Rights commission.

London
EHRC
3 More London
Riverside
Tooley Street
London SE1 2RG
Tel: 020 3117 0235
Fax: 01925 884275
Email: info@equalityhumanrights.com

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Just to get the record straight for all those in similar difficult situation:

I have just spoken to BIA employers helpline as an Employer and they have CONFIRMED that migrants on Tier 1/HSMP visa DONT require to comply with RLMT (Resident Labour Market Test).

The above is relevant for anyone who has been refused a position where the employers say that they have enough local population to fill in the job. As such refusing someone a position becase they are on Tier 1 visa is implying that they are discriminating against foreign workers for that particular position when they have the talent and potential to do it without any restriction.

If the arguments put by some ignorants over here is infact true then it means that Tier 1 hsmp migrants come here to fill temporary postions only!!! - WHAT A JOKE!!I am sure that this is not the intention of BIA nor the government.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Sorry for bombarding with so much posts but here is another extract i found under EEA Rights and Resposibilites.

Employment

You and your family members can:

* accept offers of work;
* work (whether as an employee or in self-employment);
* set up a business;
* manage a company; or
* set up a local branch of a company.

You will not need to apply for a work permit. Your employer should not discriminate against you because of your nationality in terms of conditions of employment, pay or working conditions.