ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengan tourist visa rejected impact on Tier 1 dependant ap

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshdargan

Schengan tourist visa rejected impact on Tier 1 dependant ap

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi

My wife had applied for a schengan visa 7 yrs back ( before our marriage)

Her old passport in her maiden name has a stamo which mentions the date of applying for the visa but it does not mention that visa has been refused or rejected.

Now she has a new passport, which mentions the number of the old passport.

Do i need to submit the old passport as well. It has been stamped cancelled by the passport office, new delhi and returned to us

Should I mention anything about this stamp in the dependant application, I do not have details about this stamp like reference no. or any letter from the embassy

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Schengan tourist visa rejected impact on Tier 1 dependan

Post by gotcha » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:Hi

Her old passport in her maiden name has a stamo which mentions the date of applying for the visa but it does not mention that visa has been refused or rejected.

Do i need to submit the old passport as well. It has been stamped cancelled by the passport office, new delhi and returned to us

Should I mention anything about this stamp in the dependant application, I do not have details about this stamp like reference no. or any letter from the embassy
Is it incountry application ?

I don't remember need to fill anything about visa rejections in in-country applications. I'm not sure about out-of country applications.
But, I think you need to mention about old passports. And need to provide one , if it's been used for iniital entry in UK.

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Not sure where you plan to apply from (incountry or out) but if there is a section on the form which asks you "Have you ever been refused any other country's visa" better answer yes. I have seen some cases on the forums where the visa was rejected by not declaring under deception.

on the contrary i personally know some people who got UK T1 after rejection from some other country as they did declare it on the application form.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Yes, they ask for it, and it is better to declare it. You should explain why it was rejected.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9
6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?
If ‘Yes’ please provide details below:

gotcha wrote:

I don't remember need to fill anything about visa rejections in in-country applications. I'm not sure about out-of country applications.
But, I think you need to mention about old passports. And need to provide one , if it's been used for iniital entry in UK.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

mvent00 wrote:Yes, they ask for it, and it is better to declare it. You should explain why it was rejected.

gotcha wrote:

The problem here is that ,I have no clue why it was rejected. This was before marriage.

I am applying from India. This stamp is on her old passport which was in her name before marriage. The passport also stands cancelled, as a new passport has been issued in her new name post marriage.

If I declare this in my application and mention that since this is a 7 yr old case, the details are not available. Will it work ?

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

gotcha wrote:

Hi

I am applying from India. The old passport has not been used for initial entry in UK, do i still need to provide the same to VFS

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:
gotcha wrote:

Hi

I am applying from India. The old passport has not been used for initial entry in UK, do i still need to provide the same to VFS
I've not seen form for EC, but, if it mentioned in it, then yes.

About visa rejection, yes, definitely you need to mention it. And don't worry, it doesn't affect out come.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 pm

mvent00 wrote:Yes, they ask for it, and it is better to declare it. You should explain why it was rejected.

gotcha wrote:

Hi

The stamp is a rectangle which says the following
Schengen Visa Applied for on 31.7.02
NOR New Delhi
Type _________

Is this a rejection stamp ?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:04 pm

It is strange that you do not know why that visa was rejected. Normally when a tourist visa is rejected, they give a reason, such as lack of funds, etc. You can call them and ask about giving details that why it was rejected? You must provide the details about its rejection in the application form, otherwise it will make the application doubtful.
hiteshdargan wrote: The problem here is that ,I have no clue why it was rejected. This was before marriage.
I am applying from India. This stamp is on her old passport which was in her name before marriage. The passport also stands cancelled, as a new passport has been issued in her new name post marriage.
If I declare this in my application and mention that since this is a 7 yr old case, the details are not available. Will it work ?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:21 pm

mvent00 wrote:It is strange that you do not know why that visa was rejected. Normally when a tourist visa is rejected, they give a reason, such as lack of funds, etc. You can call them and ask about giving details that why it was rejected?
No. Schengen states do not need to give a reason for rejection unless their national law says so.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:27 pm

86ti wrote:
mvent00 wrote:It is strange that you do not know why that visa was rejected. Normally when a tourist visa is rejected, they give a reason, such as lack of funds, etc. You can call them and ask about giving details that why it was rejected?
No. Schengen states do not need to give a reason for rejection unless their national law says so.
As a next step. I will go to the norway embassy and find out the reason for the rejection and whatever they tell me, I will mention the same in the additional information while applying for dependant visa.

Will update once I have done this

Thanks for all the help

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

86ti wrote: No. Schengen states do not need to give a reason for rejection unless their national law says so.
I am sorry, but I think mostly they do, including Norway, and give the right to appeal.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:59 pm

mvent00 wrote:
86ti wrote: No. Schengen states do not need to give a reason for rejection unless their national law says so.
I am sorry, but I think mostly they do, including Norway, and give the right to appeal.
Do they give a written reason for rejection or is it verbal.

Will they still have the record as to why the visa request was rejected

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi

It would be really helpful, if you could help with another query in the following thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=44453

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:
Do they give a written reason for rejection or is it verbal.
As per my knowledge it is verbal, but if applicant wants in written, he/she has to ask for it in person. You can call/email them about it.

Will they still have the record as to why the visa request was rejected
They keep record.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Has your wife been able to get a new schengen visa since that rejection? If so, you can answer "No".

I was declined a visa as there was a dispute as to which country would be my "main destination" in a multiple destination trip. So I went to the other embassy and got a visa approved by them. When it came to my HSMP-->Tier 1 app, I mentioned this to my agent who was making the application on my behalf. Since I had received a new schengen visa after the rejection, he said that it was fine to answer "No".

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Has your wife been able to get a new schengen visa since that rejection? If so, you can answer "No".

I was declined a visa as there was a dispute as to which country would be my "main destination" in a multiple destination trip. So I went to the other embassy and got a visa approved by them. When it came to my HSMP-->Tier 1 app, I mentioned this to my agent who was making the application on my behalf. Since I had received a new schengen visa after the rejection, he said that it was fine to answer "No".

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:06 pm

mvent00 wrote:
I think all I said was that according to V.2.4 of the Common Consular Instructions giving reason for refusal and a possible right of appeal is left to the legislation of each member state. If Norway does so then obviously good for the OP.