ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised Irish&NON-EEAspouse Immigration chk queue in

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiggs

Naturalised Irish&NON-EEAspouse Immigration chk queue in

Post by tiggs » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 am

Hi Buddies,
As you know i got Naturalised recently, My spouse is a NON-EEA citizen living in Ireland with me for Past 8 Yrs. For any Trips abroad on our way back, we both had to queue in Non-EU queue at Dublin Airport Immigration check.
Does my naturalisation change anything ?
Can she follow me into EU queue or for her its still pretty much the same? (If so i will stand with her in same Non-EU queue)

Reason i am asking, i don't mind standing in queue either way. She's heavily pregnant(ending 2 trimester) and we have to make a short urgent trip to London.

Any input be off great help.

Regards
Tiggs

zzz

Re: Naturalised Irish&NON-EEAspouse Immigration chk queu

Post by zzz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

tiggs wrote: and we have to make a short urgent trip to London.
edit:
just realized you were talking about return flight ...
Hi Tiggs,

<cut/>

I also found that on return flight non-EU queue (the one called 'ALL PASSPORTS) goes much faster as there are very few non-EU passengers on flights within EU.

Good luck!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm

I recently tried to enter ireland through the EU line (one traveller UK, one traveller not-EU).

The person at the desk was friendly but insisted they could only process EU citizens. He did not even have a passport stamp apparently.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

sorry, cannot answer your question. but just an idea. if there are any seats near by maybe your wife could take a seat while you hold the queue, and she could just join you at the very top of the queue.
i know you would expect pregnant women to be served ahead of everyone else, however, it does not happen much in the real world(talking from experience)

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:30 am

Thanks for the replies. Its just bit of a hassle.. But am hoping for fairly short queue as we are flying on working days...and noons.
Fingers crossed.
Regards
Tiggs

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 am

agniukas wrote:. but just an idea. if there are any seats near by maybe your wife could take a seat while you hold the queue, and she could just join you at the very top of the queue.
As agniukas said may b there are seat but I am sure there will be 4 or 5 seat near passport control because when I came to Ireland first time they make me sit on that seat for more then one hour and then another 2 hours in 2 different rooms.. :lol:

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 am

Yea, thats an options. Thanks for you input guys. It helps.

Regards
Tiggs

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:03 am

All,

I am going to get my Nat. Cert in few weeks. My wife's Stamp 4 is going to expire in few months. Any advice on how to renew her Stamp 4 using my Naturalisation Certificate.

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

BDSK