ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a phone call a good or bad thing?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Is a phone call a good or bad thing?

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 am

My wife applied for a Spousal Visa back at the end of August. The consulate in Chicago has tried to contact her via phone, but she was away visiting relatives so didn't realisie this. My wife was expecting an email to confirm approval, but we are now worried that a telephone call may mean something isn't right, or that an interview may be needed. Can someone please put our minds at ease and let us know why they might be phoning and does a lack of an email mean it's not looking good. Thanks in advance Chris.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 am

Could go anyway, difficult to predict.

My guess would be that they might just want to clear something and its better to do it by phone than email.

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for that, but were we right to expect an email for confirmation? Is that the norm, or do they phone to say 'hey all is fine come in and collect your visa'?
Last edited by sirpsychosexy on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:39 am

I dont know what the procedure is in Chicago, but in the Indian subcontinent its always done by phone ( probally becuase email/post is not reliable enough)

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

batleykhan wrote:I dont know what the procedure is in Chicago, but in the Indian subcontinent its always done by phone ( probally becuase email/post is not reliable enough)
You mean Pakistan !! Right ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 am

India / Bangladesh as well

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:09 am

batleykhan wrote:
India / Bangladesh as well
Dream on!!

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi There,

we got a phone call from the BHC and for us it was good news, that they had granted the settlement visa and original decision had been overturned!!!!

Hope its good news!!!! :)
???REUNITED???