ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION--PLS ADVICE ME

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:21 pm

My wife and I applied for ILR, EEA3 & 4 under self sufficiency cause am the only one that works. My wife depends on me and my job pays very good. We also have an 18 month old Son. Does anyone know if the NHS card we used could be a hindrance because I just read this from another post. Its been 2 months we applied and we received the certificate of application after 2 weeks and nothing since then.
Please advice me. Or should We sign up a private medical insurance and forward it to UKBA[/b]

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Yes, they usually request private medical insurance, NHS card will not suffice for that purpose.

Was your wife working, before the pregnancy and child birth, as this might exempt her.

I have written before to UKBA, out of interest, stating the fact the the employment of the non-EU family member, should exempt the EU family member from the medical insurance requirement.

There reply was, the non-EEA family member derived the right to be in the UK from the EEA family member, and not the other way round, and if the non-EEA family member intends to apply under the Self-Sufficiency criteria, they need to meet all the requirements stipulated for that category. They noted that this does not breach Article 23 & 24 of Directive 2004/38EC.

Perhaps, you could apply for one now, just in case they request it. Although i suspect the might make a retrospective request.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:03 pm

So do we send the Medical insurance Documents straight to UKBA or do we
wait for them to ask for it ?

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi
Yes in self sufficiency case they will ask for comprehensive health insurance for all the applicants. If you sign up a private medical insurance today then that will not cover the last 5 years , they will not back date your insurance. and the cover period will start from now onwards. You will find this issue in this forum and in other forums as well. So just wait and see what happen next.

kashyme

Re: ILR APPLICATION--PLS ADVICE ME

Post by kashyme » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:09 pm

cityboy wrote:So do we send the Medical insurance Documents straight to UKBA or do we
wait for them to ask for it ?
As I mentioned above , even if u send it , that will not cover the entire 5 year period and you must have had it for the last 5 years when u were self sufficient. So just wait and see.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 pm

OP, you will need that for the entire period you are claiming she was Self-Sufficient. If they haven't asked for it, don't bother sending a prospective one, as that would then draw their attention to asking you for evidence of Private health insurance covering the time she was self sufficient. Some people have got away with it, and some haven't.

Has she worked in the Past?, or engaged in Self-Employment activity.

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Obie wrote:OP, you will need that for the entire period you are claiming she was Self-Sufficient. If they haven't asked for it, don't bother sending a prospective one, as that would then draw their attention to asking you for evidence of Private health insurance covering the time she was self sufficient. Some people have got away with it, and some haven't.

Has she worked in the Past?, or engaged in Self-Employment activity.
About three years back, She registered a translation business but the business failed but she has been paying for her NI contribution by Direct debit even-though the Biz has failed. We did not use the failed Biz for our PR application though. she has not she has not been working since then, She has been a house wife based on our decision. Because My Employment pays between £700-£900 weekly and we thought that would be enough for us to depend on. We also read from UKBA that you do not need to work as long as you do not take part in Public fund. We have never applied for or received any form of financial assistance, not even for our baby. I was surprised to read about private Medical Insurance from another post.
Just confused why the sent us certificate of application. I thought under the new rules, If you do not qualify, they will return your application.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 pm

what is self sufficiency case?Is it only for that category or anyone under hsmp ,tier 1 etc need to have private medical insurance.My husband is provided bupa insurance by his company but I have always accessed NHS .We were on wok-permit,then hsmp and now tier-1.Does accessing NHS come under public funds.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

Absolutely not. You do not require private medical insurance, as the cost of health care is included in your National Insurance Contribution.

NHS is not considered as PUBLIC FUND.

The topic dealt with on this thread is confined to certain category of EU migrant.
Last edited by Obie on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks Obie.