ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent VISA queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

intelinside
Pakistan

Tier 1 Dependent VISA queries

Post by intelinside » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Guys,

I came to UK on 24th Jan 09, on Tier 1 (General) from Pakistan, and now I wish to apply for my wife visa who is currently living in Dubai as her family is settled there from over 10 years. I got married after I got the VISA so couldn't apply for her along my application.

I would like to ask:

1) What is the maintenance fund requirement to apply for her visa?

2) She needs to submit her application in Dubai where she is living from over 10years OR from Pakistan where I belong to and got my VISA from?

3) Is there any time limit for her to come to UK after getting the VISA?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Yasir

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Dependent VISA queries

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 am

intelinside wrote:1) What is the maintenance fund requirement to apply for her visa?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

Since you have been in the UK for less than 12 months, you will have to show £1600 for her plus £800 for yourself.

If you wait till January 24th 2010 to apply for her visa, then her maintenance funds requirement will drop to £533
intelinside wrote:2) She needs to submit her application in Dubai where she is living from over 10years OR from Pakistan where I belong to and got my VISA from?
She can apply from Dubai as she is living there legally.
intelinside wrote:3) Is there any time limit for her to come to UK after getting the VISA?
There is no time limit to enter for the first time.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:02 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:
intelinside wrote:3) Is there any time limit for her to come to UK after getting the VISA?
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I came across this document checklist here:

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... t-visa.htm

Do you think this is suffficient?

Also, will this make any difference that my marital status is as 'Single' in their record? Do I need to get it updated first?

Thanks,
Yasir
Last edited by intelinside on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 pm

intelinside wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I came across this document checklist here:

http://www.theskillsite.com/uk-immigrat ... t-visa.htm

Do you think this is suffficient?

Thanks,
Yasir
Have a look at this link and the columns in the side:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ationform/

The list on the link provided by you is more than enough. The rules don't actually ask for everything that is mentioned so you can get away without some of the stuff.

Specifically - wedding photos, proof of main applicants address, offer letter and sponsor letter, and only one from bank statements for three months or bank letter.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks again.

Also, will this make any difference that my marital status is as 'Single' in their record? Do I need to get it updated first as I got married after getting the VISA for the first time?

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:24 pm

intelinside wrote:Thanks again.

Also, will this make any difference that my marital status is as 'Single' in their record? Do I need to get it updated first as I got married after getting the VISA for the first time?
You had disclosed your circumstances truthfully on the date of your initial application, so it cannot create problems if you have gotten married since that date and are now applying to bring your wife over.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks a lot cheshiregoan !!
cheshiregoan wrote:
intelinside wrote:Thanks again.

You had disclosed your circumstances truthfully on the date of your initial application, so it cannot create problems if you have gotten married since that date and are now applying to bring your wife over.

intel
Newly Registered

Post by intel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask you regarding a similar scanerio, however from a dependents point of view.

I am married and my husband is currently residing in UK less than 1 year, under the highly skilled immigrant, tier 1.

1. My husband wishes to apply for a dependents visa for me, however as an individual I have enough points to apply for permission to enter the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General).

Would it be more beneficial (in terms of benefits, tax allowances etc) for me , independently as well as a family unit (my husband and me) to get a dependents visa or as a skilled immigrant?
If so what would be the benefits and the drawbacks of each immigration scheme.

2. My supporting documents - passport as well as ID card are in my maiden name. Is there any requirement to have my passport / ID card changed (with my husbands name) for immigration? In case I do not wish to have the name on my documents changed, would it have any impact on my application as a dependent?

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Intel