ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Refused, Applying again soon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k820

Tier 1 Refused, Applying again soon

Post by k820 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:34 pm

In my cover letter I made an error and they find an error on my cover letter.
base on this they refused my application. it was just typing mistake and i gave
them all other proof showing the right values.

The case worker speically mention that in refusal in your coverletter the value is not matching
which you higlighted in you bank statement.:(

Anyway What can i say. Guys now please guide me what should i do when rapplying
Tier 1 general.

1- Do i need to add explaination in my cover letter why my previous application is refused?

2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information
about any past visa refusals. Is there any?

3- Can i consult with lawyer?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Refused, Applying again soon

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:02 pm

k820 wrote:In my cover letter I made an error and they find an error on my cover letter.

The case worker speically mention that in refusal in your coverletter the value is not matching

Tier 1 general.

1- Do i need to add explaination in my cover letter why my previous application is refused?
Did your bank statement entries matched with the other proof (payslips, etc). If yes, then you can explain it in your fresh cover letter, that it was a typing mistake. Please double check this time if everything is in order?

2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information about any past visa refusals. Is there any?

Yes, there is one question in VAF application form page 4 of 7, 6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK? You should explain here. Also explain in your cover letter.

3- Can i consult with lawyer?
If this is the only reason, then I think you do not need a lawyer. Good luck!!

aaj123

Post by aaj123 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:25 pm

mvent00 wrote: 2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information about any past visa refusals. Is there any?

Yes, there is one question in VAF application form page 4 of 7, 6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK? You should explain here. Also explain in your cover letter.
What is this VAF form for? I am applying for an initial switching application from within UK and I always thought the Tier 1 main applicant form was the only one required to be submitted alongwith other evidence. Who is required to fill up the VAF form?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:58 pm

aaj123 wrote:
mvent00 wrote: 2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information about any past visa refusals. Is there any?

What is this VAF form for? I am applying for an initial switching application from within UK and I always thought the Tier 1 main applicant form was the only one required to be submitted alongwith other evidence. Who is required to fill up the VAF form?
Please post it separately and do not disturb OP. VAF9 application form is for outside UK applicants. If you are applying within UK, you do not need it.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Thats sad k820, and scary as well. I cant believe they would do that.

A cover letter is anyways something to help them find documents, and not something which should supercede attached documentation.

I honestly feel you should appeal against this, if you have been given the option to.

As mentioned by above members, did your payslips etc match with the amount credited in the bank?
Challenges make life worth it!

k820

Post by k820 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Thats sad k820, and scary as well. I cant believe they would do that.

A cover letter is anyways something to help them find documents, and not something which should supercede attached documentation.

I honestly feel you should appeal against this, if you have been given the option to.

As mentioned by above members, did your payslips etc match with the amount credited in the bank?
I agree with you a cover letter is just for helping the case worker but it's not a requirement.
My visa is going to expire next year thats why the case worker has not gave me appeal right.

k820

Post by k820 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:51 pm

thanks mvent00

I am in UK and i need to fill Tier 1 Geneal form and my visa still valid that's the case worker hasn't gave me right to appeal.

anyway I will write cover letter in which i can explain it was typing mistake.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Good luck!! I feel really very sorry to you. But there is nothing we can do about it now.
k820 wrote:thanks mvent00

I am in UK and i need to fill Tier 1 Geneal form and my visa still valid that's the case worker hasn't gave me right to appeal.

anyway I will write cover letter in which i can explain it was typing mistake.

k820

Post by k820 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 am

waiting for seniors comments .

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

k820 wrote:In my cover letter I made an error and they find an error on my cover letter.

Tier 1 general.

1-Do i need to add explaination in my cover letter why my previous application is refused? You can always explain in your cover letter why your application was turned down. But I think you have some checkbox in your form as well where it ask why they are rejecting it.When you check that box, caseworker will anyway pull your details from his system to check the description.You can provide details if your want. If you choose to provide also mention your previous application no. etc so that caseworker don't make mistake in pulling your details from his system.

2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information about any past visa refusals. Is there any? there should be atleast one checkbox ask whether you were denied visa in past.

3- Can i consult with lawyer? I wouldn't do that for this matter.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:13 pm

k820 wrote: The case worker speically mention that in refusal in your coverletter the value is not matching
That's very unfortunate, and IMHO , caseworker is wrong here. Application form is where he should refer in to, and that is what should be used for validating application. If caseworker is going to use Cover letter as rejection reason, then why application form is provided ?

Cover letter is not mandatory, and is just there to give information that cannot be given on application. Hard luck. Many times, it is not required at all.

I know, it's very difficult to challenge this decision. But, can consult any lawyer.

Good luck !

k820

Post by k820 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:28 pm

2- There is no questions in the Tier 1 form which asks to provide information about any past visa refusals. Is there any? there should be atleast one checkbox ask whether you were denied visa in past.
Thanks for your help, I can't find the checkox please if any of you guy let me know where it is thank

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 pm

That check box is only in outside UK application forms. You can use "Find" option in Acrobat reader to locate "refused", "visa", terms in your application form. I did not find any in your application form.
k820 wrote:
Thanks for your help, I can't find the checkox please if any of you guy let me know where it is thank