ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

PSW Refused

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:59 pm

My PSW is refused on the ground that my passport fails to show the immigration status for whole study period and i m really surprised because i completed my degree in july and my leave to remain in UK expire on 31st july and still refused and furthermore they given me full rights of appeal and rules clearly says that PSW dont have full rights of appeal. The rules regarding immigration status clearly says that you just need visa nothing else i had travel to my home country two time during my studies because of my father illness but that doesnt matter the rules are underneath
"Points awarded for your immigration status

You can claim 20 points if you can show that during your period of study and/or research in the United Kingdom, you had permission to enter or stay in the United Kingdom as a:

* student; or
* student nurse; or
* student resitting an examination; or
* student writing up a thesis; or
* dependant of someone with leave in any category that allows dependants to join them in the United Kingdom.

We will not award any points if your immigration status was not one of those listed above while you were studying in the United Kingdom towards the qualification that you want to claim points for, and will refuse your application.

You do not need to have lived in the United Kingdom throughout the entire period of your study. It is reasonable to expect, for example, that as a student you may have studied overseas and/or done research while getting the qualification you are claiming points for.

i think this just error from british high commission please guide me am i missing something or this is just an error

zee40294

Post by zee40294 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 pm

just let me clear first your student visa start and end dates to show on the passport please.
i thing some time they didn't check the passport they just follow your application what you fill in psw application.
they give you right of apeal or not.

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:05 am

My First Visa started on from 23 Aug 06 expire on 31st Dec and The leave to remain in the starts from Feb till July

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 am

They also gave me Full right of Appeal